Makita 3700P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just curious as to opinions on this saw. Quite some time back, I had mentioned how poorly they perform on the fire line. My kid runs one and they absolutely hate them. No power, chain brake that breaks easily, wimpy plastic. He sure wishes that the company would go back to Husqvarna, or Stihl. He has put lots of time on them and has a very low opinion of the saw. They use them pretty hard, but keep a sharp chain on them and it still does not have good torque.

They just don't seem like a pro-quality saws, to me.

I think that he got the numbers wrong when he sent the text. Has to be the 7900P, I think. I will have to check back with him, when he gets a break. He has currently been fighting fire for over 24 hours straight.

Or 7300p?

anyway, known good saws with weak chainbrake and forward handle mount. The power characteristics have never been in question...??

hopefully the boy has a rest soon.

That sounds like what he said, but overall, they have not been real thrilled with the power, either. They run 28-inch bars, I think. That is spot on about the chain brake. The reason that company went with them, was for the warranty I think. They have issues with them and take them back to the dealer/shop and are just given a new saw. Overall, after two years, they are not real pleased with them.

He did finally get to shut down today. Changing from night shift and starting on the fire during the day tomorrow. They went about 36 without sleep. Tough time out west right now. They are on a 40,000 acre monster near Cambridge, Idaho and it has no containment. No resources. All they do is to try to save buildings and that does not always work.

Latest posts

Back