Makita DCS520 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotehunter66

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It seems like my Makita runs well until I tilt the bar down while cutting then it seems to speed up like its running lean. Anyone ever had that happen before. Any suggestions?

I had a saw with bad a/v bushings that wouldn't cut with the top of the bar. Soon as you pulled up the case twisted and pinched the fuel line.

It could be an air leak. Try turning it on it's side while idling, if it quits it's probably a crank seal.

Sounds more like a fuel problem to me though. Fuel pick up in the tank, metering lever in the carb, etc.

I had a saw with bad a/v bushings that wouldn't cut with the top of the bar. Soon as you pulled up the case twisted and pinched the fuel line.

It could be an air leak. Try turning it on it's side while idling, if it quits it's probably a crank seal.

That's easy enough. I'll try it. Thanks.

Sounds more like a fuel problem to me though. Fuel pick up in the tank, metering lever in the carb, etc.

I thought about the fuel pick up too. I'll look and see if it's laying awkward or maybe it's got a hole in or something.

Latest posts

Back