Manuals Power Mac 6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar969

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a Power Mac 6 for 5 dollars locally. I did not know if it would start took it home put 40:1 in it turned on no problem. The thing has not been turned on in at least 10 years or more. I wanted to know if anyone has the user manual or service manual for the saw? I was able to find the parts manual online.

Since it has been sitting for a while what should I do to make sure it will last a long time for me. It looks like it has been used moderately. It cam with a case and the guy must have used it regularly because there were two files in it a depth gauge and another chain and spark plug with the original 14 inch bar that still has some of the wording on it. I tell you what this thing is built nice and heavy steel compared to the cheap plastic stuff now. I just want to know if I should clean or check or put oil in the plug hole etc.. before using it let me know. Thanks

I just saw on this chain saw that the bar oil cap says sae 30. Can you run that instead of bar oil? Is there a difference?

I just took the chainsaw apart to clean it before using it. I noticed that the spark arrestor screen is missing and the oiling plate is missing. Can I use the chainsaw without these or are they necessary?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back