Mastermind Meets The MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, if the exhaust port itself was untouched, what advantage is it to rework the flange?

The muffler flange is smaller than the exhaust flange stock. When I remove the cage in the muffler I grind it out and in the process I widen the muffler inlet. Then I just match to two.

Dang that was harder to explain then I thought it would be. :laugh:

I apologize for the reaction I had to treemonkey's kick in the shin. I normally wouldn't have said anything but I'm sick of him thinking everyone copies his work. It would be hard to copy something I've never seen. So far the only thing I've seen him post is just a bunch of BS.

I build about four saws a week and try different stuff all the time. I did hear about Scott using a handheld cutter to cut the squish, but never saw the tool. Most everything I tried in the beginning so things I saw other people do, but today I'm doing things in a way that's based on what I see working on my saws. If he thinks he patented modding saws.........he best think again. :)

Looks more like 10 years to me. :msp_confused:

When he joined means nothing. If you're not active here or post anything then???? I've been here since 07 and I'am a pretty active member, and never heard of the guy until recently. Not knocking him or anything, it just seems that he thinks he invented chainsaw mod's.

Sorry Randy, for contributing to jacking your thread. Just had to say something is all.

Anyway, how about that 660.

These threads just fade away anyhow Will. Yeah how about that 660? Leaving the exhaust untouched was another of those......."let's see what happens if" things. I can't tell any difference.....

Ya, how bout a video. Oh another ?, is this a work saw?

Oh yeah, just a work saw. The owner says he didn't use it a lot and wanted a runner. I hope he uses it more now. :laugh:

:chatter: that's what this thread is turning into. I love it, never has entertainment been so cheap and meaningless.:hmm3grin2orange:

You're spot on with that assessment friend.

It's been one of those days here, so some entertainment would be a relief. I was doing some welding and had to switch out the wire in the mig........I had the wrong size. Off to town for .024, got it and back to welding I go.........ran out of shielding gas five minutes later. :(

Can I ask something that may sound dumb to several of you? How come the 066(or so Im told) seems to really take to the mods and people say the 660 doesnt...are they that much different?...and for the record..my great uncle was a logger in the PNW and had hotrod saws in the late 50's so Im pretty sure this isnt a fad of the last decade lol

It really is the same on any forum. Keyboard warriors.

You copied me, I copied you. What ever. My mother copied yours and had a son. He likes chainsaws, beer and curry. See a pattern?

Chicken or the egg? Adam and Eve. The Husqvarna evolved, grew legs and walked out of the sea.

What the fcuk am I going on about? Good work Randy. Nice saw.

Can I ask something that may sound dumb to several of you? How come the 066(or so Im told) seems to really take to the mods and people say the 660 doesnt...are they that much different?...and for the record..my great uncle was a logger in the PNW and had hotrod saws in the late 50's so Im pretty sure this isnt a fad of the last decade lol

The difference is in the factory port timing of the two saws.

It really is the same on any forum. Keyboard warriors.

You copied me, I copied you. What ever. My mother copied yours and had a son. He likes chainsaws, beer and curry. See a pattern?

Chicken or the egg? Adam and Eve. The Husqvarna evolved, grew legs and walked out of the sea.

What the fcuk am I going on about? Good work Randy. Nice saw.

Repped!!!! :rock:

Do you have your own lathe/mill to raise the roof of the cylinder? Any pics of the set up you could share? I dont have the equipment but the shop right across from mine just got a really big, nice lathe. He would be willing to do it but said hes not sure about the setup.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

When he joined means nothing. If you're not active here or post anything then???? I've been here since 07 and I'am a pretty active member, and never heard of the guy until recently. Not knocking him or anything, it just seems that he thinks he invented chainsaw mod's.

He may know everything there is to know. But, if he doesn't want to share who gives a ####.

Leaving the exhaust untouched was another of those......."let's see what happens if" things. I can't tell any difference.....

Ya Randy, getting the port in the right place it a big one. Though widening does help. I did a 372BB last year, but used a 272 piston, but the skirts are narrow, didn't allow any room to widen the ports, but it got a popup and raised the ex, and lowered the intake and reworked the transfers, man it was a real runner, sold it to my buddie's tree service company, and he loves it, said its one of his strongest saws, easily outcuts a 7900 with 28" bars.

Do you have your own lathe/mill to raise the roof of the cylinder? Any pics of the set up you could share? I dont have the equipment but the shop right across from mine just got a really big, nice lathe. He would be willing to do it but said hes not sure about the setup.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

I don't want to speak for Randy, but he uses a hand held mandrel with a cutter on the end.

This is how I've done it with my lathe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

These threads just fade away anyhow Will. Yeah how about that 660? Leaving the exhaust untouched was another of those......."let's see what happens if" things. I can't tell any difference.....

Oh yeah, just a work saw. The owner says he didn't use it a lot and wanted a runner. I hope he uses it more now. :laugh:

You're spot on with that assessment friend.

It's been one of those days here, so some entertainment would be a relief. I was doing some welding and had to switch out the wire in the mig........I had the wrong size. Off to town for .024, got it and back to welding I go.........ran out of shielding gas five minutes later. :(

I haven't used it much yet,but you can bet your A$$ I will be now:laugh:,I've had a 660 before and just always seemed to prefer the 460s for what I do but I bet ya I'll put it to work.Thanks a million Randy can't wait to put em both to work.

I don't want to speak for Randy, but he uses a hand held mandrel with a cutter on the end.

This is how I've done it with my lathe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Will where did ya get that top secret idea from;) :msp_wink: Looks good hard to beat good ole precision equipment

Hey Will where did ya get that top secret idea from;) :msp_wink: Looks good hard to beat good ole precision equipment

ha ha.. LOL, yep it was sure top secret, just like Tree monkeys hand held cutter. I guess I shoulda gave Eric credit, he showed me that way. Works real well.

Hell even Dennis Cullhoon even showed how he does it. Same way Eric showed me.

Hey, Eric, I was thinking of cutting the piston at 2°, and then cut the combustion chamber at 4°, what do ya think of that.

Latest posts

Back