Mastermind Meets The Stihl MS440/460 Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot, he'd mod the knife that spreads the butter that goes on the bread that goes in the toaster:hmm3grin2orange:

medium.jpg

I've modded a knife or two...

Dang man. That's purty. :rock:

When yer a no-name knifemaker, making knives is almost a waste of time; no one will give you what you have in to one. I made that for my brother. I have always been good at manipulating metal since I was in auto shop in HS(and later industrial design in university). Anywho, that Bowie has mebbe 80-100 hours in it. I could maybe sold it for $400. Would you work for $4/hr?

It started life as a shank of steel, block of pacific burl madrone, and elk antler, some nickle silver for the guard, and epoxy and a pin to hold it all together. Finishing is where all the time is. The blade is 12" long, and 2" wide, the spine is 1/4" thick and goes nearly to the butt at that width, putting the balance point 1" up from the handle. For a 12" Bowie, it is very fast in the hands. I cleaved through a ham with the bone in it to show my brother what it could do. It was also the last knife I made. I just didn't have the time for it back then. I always meant to come back to it, but never did.

medium.jpg

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
He's got a 288xp lite there... if he dares! .:biggrinbounce2:

That's all Ive got in saws, until i wrap up this other deal. My Goats are cutting into my "play monies", but it sure is fun having all those kid goats around. Bought 3 new boar goats and my nanny I already had, had twins 3 days later. Wife took some money and bought 3 show quality registered Flemmish Giant Rabbits. It took me 2 weekends and $1000 to build them what I felt was suitable, humane (size wise) rabbit hutches. (Lets put it this way- my wife can get in the hutches and sit up comfortably and play with them) Monday one of her "steel gray" does named Misty had 11 babies so that means more cages in 8 weeks. These aren't "feeder rabbits", I cant imagine registered rabbits being that easy to sell, guess we will see. I'm slowly weaning myself from spending as much time on here dreaming of saws. :laugh:

unatool

unatool

ArboristSite Operative
The 440/460 Hybrid has it's first big job tomorrow ...

45 inch DBH Douglas fir - in front yard near the university.
you know... the fancy neighborhood

See attached pic

unatool

unatool

ArboristSite Operative
What did Deniro say?

"How would you like to meet my little friend "

PS - 90 ton crane coming to lift out logs.
can't wait to count the rings. I'm guessing 100 to 140.

bryanr2

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
What did Deniro say?

"How would you like to meet my little friend "

PS - 90 ton crane coming to lift out logs.
can't wait to count the rings. I'm guessing 100 to 140.

I dont know, what did Deniro say?

And Pachino said "Say hello to my little friend"..... wasnt a question, it was an invitation!:msp_thumbup: Great movie, I'll have to pull it from the shelf and watch again.:laugh:

Latest posts