Masterminded 362C -R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trx250r180

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
r
Wow! That's not considered really pushing the limits?

I used to run a 28 light bar on my 036 with full skip ,worked fine ,i was not bucking 24 inch logs with it though ,just for the extra reach mostly limbing,and do not have to arch over so much cutting smaller firewood ,the husky shop has 562 wraps with 28 inch bars on display ,some loggers run those in smaller stuff ,an ms440 or 460 with 32 inch bar is normal around here even on stock saws

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
I saw a Craigslist ad a while back, the title said something like "big powerful chainsaw." It was an 029 with a 36" bar, and it also came with a 28" bar for the "smaller wood." :rolleyes:

The crazy thing was that he wanted $500 for it. :eek:

I've also seen a few 372xp's with 36" bars. o_O

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
When someone does more than one or two cuts, you know they like it!
I tried the skip tooth oregon chain on this log and wasnt too impressed and ended up on the video with Stihl RS full comp which pulled through the cut much better. It was throwing large chips but I think the saw still needs some break in time. It has much more noticeable torque and seemed to be gathering more torque as I cut and after recalibrating the saw

MustangMike
Just look at the difference with Chad's 660 on the dyno after it broke in and it took about 8 tanks.

The only time skip is better is on a long bar +/or in softwood with sticky chips. Other than that, more cutters are better.

Wanted to play with my 046 today, but the "cloudy" forecast turned out to be rain.

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Just look at the difference with Chad's 660 on the dyno after it broke in and it took about 8 tanks.

The only time skip is better is on a long bar +/or in softwood with sticky chips. Other than that, more cutters are better.

Wanted to play with my 046 today, but the "cloudy" forecast turned out to be rain.
Will probably make a few cuts on that same wood with the 461 tomorrow

OC455

OC455

ArboristSite Operative
Fresh saw and wood to cut....hells yes!!! :rock: :chainsaw: If I thought I could get a port job on my 660 I would, just don't like thinking about screwing myself out of a warranty. The 038 is a good candidate....:D

By the way, where did you get the full wrap handle bars from?

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
Fresh saw and wood to cut....hells yes!!! :rock: :chainsaw: If I thought I could get a port job on my 660 I would, just don't like thinking about screwing myself out of a warranty. The 038 is a good candidate....:D

By the way, where did you get the full wrap handle bars from?
ordered the wrap kit from Stihl dealer. The kit oem stock number is on the thread Mastermind meets the 362c

KG441c

KG441c

Keith
20140611_230636.jpg Sure do like the looks of the 362 with 24" Sugi. Gonna run it tomorrow with the 24" and a skip tooth chain but doubt Id ever use this setup with bar buried? The extra reach of the 24" bar is nice

Latest posts