Masterminded or snellerized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatchet13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a spanking new 660 for my bday from my gram cuz she felt bad that I had to sell almost all my saws to cover som bills. Olny ones that stayed were my ms250 witch I did a sweet port job on for being a first timer and a 028super that was passed down too me . I've heard great things about bolth randy and brad just wondering who's porting is more realiable gotta make the 660 last as long as possible . I cut a lot of firewood for family and friends n money on the side . Ill be running a 28" bar as most of the hard woods I cut aren't over 30"dia altho I run into som that are huge so once in a blu moon I need to run a monster bar 36+ .

From everything I hear, I don't think you could go wrong either way...Pick the one with the coolest Decal...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Now, now, now. Let's not be playing favorites. Besides, Randy's net even with us today to defend himself, lol. Randy's a great guy and builds a very dependable work saw. My 066s are known for breaking pistons and rods:msp_scared::wink2:

I just think the font u used is sweet . Not playin faves at all

ALL the builders are good,,, I went with randy and the only reason I did was because I had met him at several gtg's,, but again,, all the builders are good

I read for over a year and picked Randy bc of proximity to me and also bc of his build threads and reputation. I have never once regretted that decision for even a moment.

Since January 2011 he has done in order- Echo CS 520, Sachs Dolmar 120si, Stihl 044 10mm, Makita 6401/7901, Husqvarna 288, Johnsered 2095, Johnsered 2153, Johnsered 2171, 2 Husqvarna 359s, Husqvarna 562xpw. I just came from his house this morning- picked up my Johnsered 2188 from Like2Surf (Randy handled the whole deal including negotiations) and dropped off my Husqvarna 2100 for complete teardown and port job. I also have in the works him building me a Dolmar 5100s ported (after seeing the one in the classfieds last night).

Besides saws- he has worked on my Stil fs250, a Echo Hedge Trimmer, and a Mantis tiller.

I am probably forgetting some stuff.

Needless to say, I have picked my builder and found a great friend and information resource along the way. I always run stuff by him and go with his reccommendations. He has never let me down. I wish you well in your search for a builder and hope you find the same in whichever builder you choose.:rock:

I say, just for sport, drive em both nuts, flip a coin, one does the jug, the other does the piston...then pick a third builder to assemble and fine tune this ..collabarative hybrid....

report back..pics..vids...interesting email exchanges....

I'll just get some pink duct tape from Anna!:msp_scared:

For that chrome look get the cromo with black marker :msp_biggrin::rock: :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

View attachment 303145

From everything I hear, I don't think you could go wrong either way...Pick the one with the coolest Decal...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I would buy another 660 and give one to brad and one to randy , problem solved:msp_biggrin:
I would also go with the one with the coolest decal.

Back