Masterminded or snellerized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only had one done and it was by Randy. I'm not saying he is any better than any other though.Honestly,I chose him from reading his posts and how he talks to people. He seems very humble about his abilities. Doesn't come off as a know it all.."my way is the only way"..kind of guy. NOT saying Brad or any other does either.

Heck,it is the Internet though..could be a front. Randy might be a freaky squeal like a pig deliverance type fellow. :msp_w00t:

I don't own a saw worked on by Randy but I read nothing but good about him.

Brad did my 441 and it absolutely goes through anything I come across

I am going to start my "Wicked Work Saw kit" on my 044-046 Hybrid that Terry just did for me !!
The cylinder is a work of art !!
Thanks agian Terry !!!

Cant go wrong with Terry eithor - puts together an awesome kit with some seriously slick mods !!

I think Dozerdan works strictly on Merc Diesels these days:msp_unsure:

I am still porting saws. I have a few 372s and a few 346s here that get ported.

I have been driving my Jeep XJ more then I have been working on it lately. I finally have most of the bugs out of the conversion. 96 XJ with the Mercedes 5 cyl turbo diesel, jeep 4.0 flywheel, clutch and starter, AX 15 5 spd, 4.10 gears. I will install another OM 617 in my MJ this winter. I have driven the MJ for the last 5000 miles on Bio diesel, used air compressor oil and waist motor oil. I would use bar and chain oil but I don't like the tacifiers they have in them. LOL

Later
Dan

I have a 346XP that #### did and it absolutely screams. I also have a Makita 7901 that Randy did and it is a beast. I have nothing but good things to say about both of these guys. I will eventually get Terry and Brad to do saws for me as well. Hey, I like a little variety:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to rain on the parade here but if you had to sell off saws to pay bills maybe you should just dual port it and call it good. With that being said there is no right answer just pick one.

I've had both randy and brad do some work for me. Randy just finished porting my 394. Last year I hired brad to be a Freddy mercury impersonator at a party I was hosting. They both did great. Randy's saw absolutely screams. Brad does the screaming himself, but they both get the job done

I've had both randy and brad do some work for me. Randy just finished porting my 394. Last year I hired brad to be a Freddy mercury impersonator at a party I was hosting. They both did great. Randy's saw absolutely screams. Brad does the screaming himself, but they both get the job done

Just to clarify, brads a poor-to-middling Freddy mercury impersonator, but he does build a nasty 390 among others

I will place my vote

Comparing apples to apples here.
Both are obviously top notch. My 460 runs real well (thanks again Brad).

I do enjoy reading Randy's posts. He is very very good at taking pics and explaining what is going on. Which means he knows his stuff. Could you imagine....

Mastermind meets Oster blender.. :msp_w00t:

I've been reading posts by and about the various builders here for about a year now.

My saw is going to Mastermind.

In my mind the big three are...brad, randy, and terry landrum. I own what was Terry's personal 562 which is out of this world good. I have ran a ms261 that brad did and I have spoken with randy and believe these three are the elite. I happen to be able to drive to Randy's and Terry's in less than an 2 hours so I have it made in that regard.

In my mind the big three are...brad, randy, and terry landrum. I own what was Terry's personal 562 which is out of this world good. I have ran a ms261 that brad did and I have spoken with randy and believe these three are the elite. I happen to be able to drive to Randy's and Terry's in less than an 2 hours so I have it made in that regard.

It's good to be from TN every once in a while.:rock:

I am still porting saws. I have a few 372s and a few 346s here that get ported.

I have been driving my Jeep XJ more then I have been working on it lately. I finally have most of the bugs out of the conversion. 96 XJ with the Mercedes 5 cyl turbo diesel, jeep 4.0 flywheel, clutch and starter, AX 15 5 spd, 4.10 gears. I will install another OM 617 in my MJ this winter. I have driven the MJ for the last 5000 miles on Bio diesel, used air compressor oil and waist motor oil. I would use bar and chain oil but I don't like the tacifiers they have in them. LOL

Later
Dan

Cool.

Just picked up a 02 S-10 and a 01 Jetta with a good ALH....maybe in ten years when I have time, that job will get started :angry: Lot's of reading to do yet anyway.

Coming late to this party, but the OP sure knows how to put people on the spot!:laugh: What a loaded question. I have not had work done by either, but they are both held in extremely high regarded by all on this forum and whose opinions carry a lot of weight.

Latest posts

Back