May I please lean upon and learn from, you experienced pros?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
A pisstaking punk from New Zealand is probably not your ideal student, but it strikes me there's generations worth of experience floating around in this logging section that doesn't come around too often in one's lifetime. Any opportunity to learn from you lot is worth more than enough to me to risk being flamed or ridiculed for my inexperience and general stupidity.

If OK with you guys and gals, may I please, from time to time, post a few pics and videos of various scenarios I may be faced with and ask of you how best to tackle them or whether I should leave them alone for more experienced fellers to deal with (kinda rubs against my have-a-go grain a little but I need to accept my limits sometimes)?

If there's one thing I have managed to learn thus far it's that the more I learn in the woods without killing myself, the greater the realisation how little I really know and also how lucky I've been to not have killed myself yet. There's some 'big' (for me anyway) wood on my radar and it's not the sort I really want to be riding my luck with.

May I please submit a few scenarios for your ridicule, general entertainment, etc? If so, I'll go get some footage and post back in here over the coming weeks.

Regards,

KiwiBro.
P.S. A year ago my day job involved staring at multiple monitors and tapping at keyboards 8-12 hrs per day. It's not like I grew up packing gear for my experienced tree-felling old man in the bush, so even the smallest things you guys and gals might take for granted are probably things I've not learned yet. Also, what constitutes 'common'-sense to you is probably not all that common to me.

:hmm3grin2orange:Hmmmm. This could be interesting. Let us think about it and we'll let you know.

Education is expensive. Do we get to raid your refrigerator, drink your beer, drive your car, beat you and call you vile names while insulting your intelligence and questioning your sanity?

I don't know about the rest of the guys but I guess maybe I could help out. A little. Occasionally. Do I have to be right all the time? Or would just part of the time suffice?

What do you think guys ( and one gal) should we do it?

"Summer"? We haven't had one this year.
"Beer"? That could be arranged.
"...insulting [my] intelligence and questioning [my] sanity."? I sincerely hope so.

Yeah about the beer, You might want to put in a keg system.

I like Sam Adams, but will drink, whatever the other guys are having.

PS I have it on good authority that they are lushes....:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah about the beer, You might want to put in a keg system.

I like Sam Adams!

I prefer Sam Adams blackberry witbier, but the Winter Lager is good too!
The Boston Lager, IPA, and Cherry wheat I can not drink...

As for questions, that's what this is all aboot.

And I would like to go to Kiwiland, but only in the "non-earthquake" season.

We'll need an ample supply of rocks to throw also. Never got much out Wellington when I was there, so some touring must be involved also.

I don't know about popcorn and peanut butter.

I think Kiwi said something about a pig roast ! :rock:

You can;t beat a good pig roast !
And a bon fire later so we can tell our stories ! :hmm3grin2orange:

You can;t beat a good pig roast ! And sometimes I get lonely... So you might want to provide some .....bush pigs?

Sure, why not. But only at the successful conclusion of training. Whilst I concede dead men make lousy prosecution witnesses, bush pigs might provide enough incentive to keep me alive until you've had your fill. A carrot, if you like, dangling in front of an ass or two.:laugh:

Where are my manners.

I don't know about the rest of the guys but I guess maybe I could help out. A little. Occasionally. Do I have to be right all the time? Or would just part of the time suffice?

Thank you. I figure if you've managed to stay alive long enough to even read my post you are probably right more often than wrong.

i'll start off with some advice. don't do this.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back