McCulloch 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNfarmer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just got a 250 today that has been sitting about 10 years. Looks like it has a new mcculloch bar, but the chain needs replacing. Otherwise it's all there. The guy I got it from said the gas goes in the small filler opening and the bar oil in the large filler opening on the front of the saw, but it seems strange to have the oil tank so much bigger. So I was wondering which one is which???? Thanks

The gas does go in the large fill hole in the front, bar oil in the smaller one behind it

hey thanks.. thats kinda what I was thinking, but I wanted to check before I put gas and oil in it!!

Those are good old saws, I have one that I use for bucking big logs for firewood - it's heavy & noisy but it sure gets the job done. One of my dirt bike riding buddies gave it to me, said his grandfather bought it new back in the day and it's been running for years...

That is one bullit proof saw,I have several.Another one that Mac made a zillion of ,most likely half of them will still putt.

yea they dont make them like they did back yonder in the old days i remember when McCulloch was still popular and being sold all the time back in the 70s 80s i happen to have some obsolete McCulloch parts if you all ever need any also have Homelite Poulan Echo just to let you know
oh i just joined not to long ago

calvin

yea they dont make them like they did back yonder in the old days i remember when McCulloch was still popular and being sold all the time back in the 70s 80s i happen to have some obsolete McCulloch parts if you all ever need any also have Homelite Poulan Echo just to let you know
oh i just joined not to long ago

calvin

Calvin,
Welcome to AS, also glad to see you have some parts for the older Poulan saws.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back