McCulloch 740: 36" bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTsawchain

Reaction score
I have a mac 740 99cc. it still has original 25" bar and chain on it. Chain broke today and i have decided i want to put a new 36" bar on it to make it easier to match up gauge and pitch. I heard that orgeon bought out a good part of mcchulloch but i can't seem to find if their bars will match my 740. any help will be appreciated. Also any one know what the original pitch and gauge for a 25"? the bar measures 28" but i am assuming that they measure it by how much of the bar is actually a working edge.

I have a mac 740 99cc. it still has original 25" bar and chain on it. Chain broke today and i have decided i want to put a new 36" bar on it to make it easier to match up gauge and pitch. I heard that orgeon bought out a good part of mcchulloch but i can't seem to find if their bars will match my 740. any help will be appreciated. Also any one know what the original pitch and gauge for a 25"? the bar measures 28" but i am assuming that they measure it by how much of the bar is actually a working edge.
Bars are measured by the cut by most all so a 36" will really be around 40" overall. There are many different bars but McCulloch used .058 a lot or .063 on the big saws. I run a 36" on my 797 with .058 .404 chipper. It had .500 chisel on it when I got it but I run chipper on everything. Cuts much better for me in hard wood.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

I will one up just picture and give a pdf template as well. If I remember correctly, @madmarksolomon was going to have some sets made up so he may have a set if you want to purchase them.
McCulloch250dogs.jpg
McCulloch250dogs2.jpg

Attachments

• McCulloch250_4spikedog.pdf
    108.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back