McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: All packaged up so I can't look at it...

I always love that one.
Who packs up stuff before its sold unless its new? Why not just say "I don't have a clue how to do that" or "I found it at a sale cheap and am trying to turn a quick profit"?

just got a mac 35? at an action Saturday relay relay cheap with a 23'' and 20'' bar also the 23''has a 1/2''drive chain saw looks almost new and in great shape for a 50+year old saw

Quote: All packaged up so I can't look at it...

I always love that one.
Who packs up stuff before its sold unless its new? Why not just say "I don't have a clue how to do that" or "I found it at a sale cheap and am trying to turn a quick profit"?

I have packed chainsaws for ebay before they sold. Sometimes I have to unpack them when they don't sell!

I think you've found why so many people shy away from rebuilding Mini Macs. That's also why I don't rebuild another popular brand which I won't mention because I don't want to get all the hate mail. Also, I don't know where you're getting your carb kits but I think there are places
that sell them cheaper than $30.

You got that right

does anyone here know if a large stihl mount bar will fit a pro mac 850 pitch and guage are the same just need to know the mountoing pattern

just got a mac 35? at an action Saturday relay relay cheap with a 23'' and 20'' bar also the 23''has a 1/2''drive chain saw looks almost new and in great shape for a 50+year old saw

Pictures, or it didn't happen :)
Does it run? Those are some funny lookin' saws. I haven't aquired one yet. Be nice to the 1/2" chain, I hear it's quite pricey to replace.

Got a carb question. I just got a 650 geardrive in and this one has a tillotson carb which is great and makes things easy, but about a year ago I sold a 650 and it had a big Mac flatback on it. My question is, did they come both ways or is the tillotson on this most recent one most likely a swap?

Yeah, Hoss, they did. They also did that same very thing to the 660s, Super 250s and probably others. I ran my Super 250 this weekend, for about 5 minutes, the throttle plate would stick open, I had a choice of WOT or .5 WOT, it is Flatback equiped.

Mac.jpg

Thanks Randy, I thought that might be the case. Is that doug fir you are cutting? Just used one of my 125's on a big locust this last friday. Also are those boots the ones with the metatarsal shield? I have a pair of the redwing ones that are almost shot and a new pair of the carolina boot version for when the wings are done.

McCulloch 250 saw

Nice photo, Randy.

Yeah, Hoss, they did. They also did that same very thing to the 660s, Super 250s and probably others. I ran my Super 250 this weekend, for about 5 minutes, the throttle plate would stick open, I had a choice of WOT or .5 WOT, it is Flatback equiped.

Mac.jpg

Mac.jpg

Nice pic Randy, what do think shipping would be to get some of those logs to Florida.:cheers:

Id love to visit out there, on top of feel like temps being 100+ I would love to see some real trees. Ill bet freight would be ridiculous if someone were to actually want to do that. On your Super 250 is that the standard bucking spike or is for the bigger saws?

That set of spikes was originally on a CP125, I put them on the Super to fall second growth Redwoods, their bark is thick, soft and fibery. I think the spikes will go where they belong, the 797.

Thats what I was thinking. My Dads did not have any on it. I dont know if he took them off or if it didnt come with any because of the bow. At some point I would like to get a regular bar and spikes for it.

Latest posts

Back