McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll find that you could stuff the 250 block, crank, rod, and piston in the S55 and vice versa if you wanted. Macs are a little tricky in the assembly, but they are very, very interchangeable.

Is there anything bigger than 87cc you can stuff in either of these? A cart engine perhaps? Im geting ideas..... One guy I talked to raced mcculloch carts in the 70s. He said you could put 4 carbs on a mc20 engine? :msp_scared:

I'm surprised you havent picked up that other 80cc with broken crank for $50. Hint hint. :msp_wink:

Already have one. But it was only thirty five bucks. What other one are you referring to? Inquiring (and Warped) minds would like to know so we can duke it out publicly over who doesn't need it the most.:msp_tongue:

Please respond by PM so it doesn't get ugly.:hmm3grin2orange:

Is there anything bigger than 87cc you can stuff in either of these? A cart engine perhaps? Im geting ideas..... One guy I talked to raced mcculloch carts in the 70s. He said you could put 4 carbs on a mc20 engine? :msp_scared:

You can go to 123cc or more if you overbore it. As for the big fuel setups from the karts, it requires a lot of hacking to fit in a saw chassis and it becomes very finnicky and dangerously powerful. I've built one 125 with a ported kart engine and a proper big carb and that was enough. Adrenaline starts flowing just thinking about it.

You can go to 123cc or more if you overbore it. As for the big fuel setups from the karts, it requires a lot of hacking to fit in a saw chassis and it becomes very finnicky and dangerously powerful. I've built one 125 with a ported kart engine and a proper big carb and that was enough. Adrenaline starts flowing just thinking about it.

I didnt think there would be enough meat in it to bore it out that much? Or are you talking about putting a different block in? Could I cram a 101b into a super 55? Just wondering how far you can go...

Hey fellers .. notice how the front part of the block is black and the rear part is unpainted?

Have any of you seen this?

The yellow (is that correct?) oil tank cover doesn't line up perfectly either .. ?

Where are Ron and the other 80cc experts at when I need 'em?

Ted, I'm not really an expert but what do you need? All of my 82cc MACs have/had unpainted cylinders. The DE80 had black crankcases. The PM8200 is gray. PM805 - I believe was black. And my one dealer rebuilt PM800 was also black. Black in a wrinkled, or is that crinkled, finish. I should be getting another DE80 tomorrow. I believe it is black - if not I'll let you know. Ron

PS to those looking for a SP125C: I haven't seem one this cheap on fleabay in a while. Vintage McCulloch Super Pro 125 Chainsaw No Bar | eBay

Thoughts on the Mcculloch 6-10? Picked one up this past weekend. PIston is scored. Complete otherwise. Not familiar with this model. It appears to be an auto as well.

Thoughts on the Mcculloch 6-10? Picked one up this past weekend. PIston is scored. Complete otherwise. Not familiar with this model. It appears to be an auto as well.

It could be a good saw. They are real snappy when in good running condition. It's 70cc and would be real fun with a 20" bar. It should have points ignition and a very loud exhaust.

Ted, I'm not really an expert but what do you need? All of my 82cc MACs have/had unpainted cylinders. The DE80 had black crankcases. The PM8200 is gray. PM805 - I believe was black. And my one dealer rebuilt PM800 was also black. Black in a wrinkled, or is that crinkled, finish. I should be getting another DE80 tomorrow. I believe it is black - if not I'll let you know. Ron

PS to those looking for a SP125C: I haven't seem one this cheap on fleabay in a while. Vintage McCulloch Super Pro 125 Chainsaw No Bar | eBay

Hi Ron - Not really needing anything. I just notice 'stuff' .... Thought it was odd that the oil tank cover was yellow, the front of the block was crinkle black and the cylinder was unpainted.

Did learn the oil cover is a different part number from the 10-10 saws, though.

Yah, saw that 125. It's cheap right now, but climbing ....

OMT: If any of you guys needs that Mac 82cc xref chart that Joey put together, you can get it HERE.

Last edited:
PM800 .. Day 6 .. all together .. finally!

Didn't really need to locate a friend with better gear, just needed to realize that the steel is softer where it's not hardened. My stuff worked fine and it helped that I hadn't yet returned an extractor set to my neighbor:

Here's the pix. If they ever have 'chain changing races' at a GTG, I'll sure not enter with this saw. Easily took :10 to just put on the B&C.

Nice saws if you have one with good compression, the 7-10 has a little more snot in my opinion, but the 5-10 and 6-10 are not far behind. I don't have a running 4-10 yet but I expect they are not far from the 5 & 6-10 versions.

Mark

Ted - you will have to learn the secret moves to getting the clutch cover/chain brake off and back on those saws...of course a wide full wrap handlebar helps a lot.

Mark

Ya, the 'moves' caused me to conjure up images of a hyperactive weasel doing the limbo ..

I know at one time I got a full wrap from you ... and pretty sure it was the 'normal' one that I put on my SP70. This handle came with this saw.

New DE80 arrived today. Yellow crankcase with black oil tank cover. It is a nice looking saw. Just one screw missing. Will get pictures when bar shows - it was shipped separately. Ron

Ron - I ran the PM800 (#3 up for trade) last Saturday to finish off the stump of a tree I'd worked on several weeks back. You can see the stump in the background here. After quartering with the saw and splitting it up, I ended up with 31 pieces from one round...

attachment.php

This one has the most use of the three I own, but it is still pretty impressive in the cut. I will try and remember to check the compression tonight and report back.

Mark

Back