McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done some trading today and got 2 saws for my craftsman 3.7 and a homelite bandit weedeater. The 10-10 is set up for right hand start but no cover so I have all the parts to convert it to left hand. The timber bear runs good just needs a good cleaning and a throttle lock which I have. Not a bad trade. Still can't get the 380 to run right. It idles great but the high it's sputtering and throwin fuel and will eventually shut off like it's vapor locked.

View attachment 314164 View attachment 314165 View attachment 314166 View attachment 314167 View attachment 314168

He has several saws listed. I have to admit I would like to have the SpeedMac bar off the 2-10. Ron

Since that eye opening SP-80 debacle last year, he's had at least a dozen cool McCullochs and Homelites listed on feebay. Pass...

I have a 20" SpeedMac branded Windsor bar like that. It's yours if you want it Ron.

Last edited:
Since that eye opening SP-80 debacle last year, he's had at least a dozen cool McCullochs and Homelites listed on feebay. Pass...

I have a 20" SpeedMac branded Windsor bar like that. It's yours if you want it Ron.

Probably saying that because he has a big Husky bar now.... :msp_w00t: Wife says there an old red saw in a box waiting for me when I get home... wonder where that came from :msp_wink::msp_wink:

Well the 10-10 turned into a total rehab. Piston and rings are good and it has good compression no scoring and very little carbon build up so after I get it back together it should be ok. Thankfully I have spare parts for it. The 380 is flooding getting detonation out of the muffler I'm thinking needle seat. I did lap it but it didn't help. It does run and cut although very slowly.

Thanks, Aaron. Would it be period correct for a SP70? Ron

Yes it would Ron. It's not perfect, but it still has most of the original paint (including the SpeedMac logo). PM me your address just in case I misplaced it.:cheers:

Probably saying that because he has a big Husky bar now.... :msp_w00t: Wife says there an old red saw in a box waiting for me when I get home... wonder where that came from :msp_wink::msp_wink:

Glad to hear the old red saw arrived Randy. The big D009 mount bar will find it's way onto a certain orange 99cc saw once that's back together (if you have a source for 1100/2100/298/2101 case gaskets......PLEASE send me a PM).

Well the 10-10 turned into a total rehab. Piston and rings are good and it has good compression no scoring and very little carbon build up so after I get it back together it should be ok. Thankfully I have spare parts for it. The 380 is flooding getting detonation out of the muffler I'm thinking needle seat. I did lap it but it didn't help. It does run and cut although very slowly.

That does indeed sound like a needle/seat issue to me. I can't remember...............does that 380 of yours have the Tillotson HL or McCulloch/Walbro 'flatback' carb? If it has the flatback, you can use a needle from an SDC carburetor in it. Glad to hear the 10-10 will be back in business. Replace the crank seals while you have it apart. 30-40 years is plenty to ask of old rubber parts.:D

Eccentric I switched it to a Tillotson had a bad flatback. Luckly the seals look good on the 10-10 alot of cleanup and switchin good parts for bad I did get it to spit by pourin gas down the carb. It was RH but guy lost the cover so I had all the parts to switch it.

Latest posts

Back