McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it would Ron. It's not perfect, but it still has most of the original paint (including the SpeedMac logo). PM me your address just in case I misplaced it.:cheers:

Aaron, I was thinking more along the lines of sending you a nice clean, but disassembled SP70 so your bar wouldn't be lonely. Is your address the same as before? Ron

Well the 10-10 does run a few pulls and it starts right up. Popped the old fuel line so to fleabay to find one unless someone here has a good one lying around.

Eccentric I switched it to a Tillotson had a bad flatback. Luckly the seals look good on the 10-10 alot of cleanup and switchin good parts for bad I did get it to spit by pourin gas down the carb. It was RH but guy lost the cover so I had all the parts to switch it.

The seat is replaceable on the Tillotson HL's. You can get it separately or in the RK-88HL kit. I usually keep the old seats when I rebuild a carb and would send you one........but I don't know if they're really any good.

Aaron, I was thinking more along the lines of sending you a nice clean, but disassembled SP70 so your bar wouldn't be lonely. Is your address the same as before? Ron

Thanks Ron. That's very generous of you. It is the same. The PM850 (that you generous folks here donated parts for) destined to go to you-know-who is finally almost done after several stops and starts. Engine's back together with new seals and rings. Most everything needed has come in. Thanks again gentlemen. Just chasing down some last few bits. Mostly the lower/front AV mount and the mounting hardware for it and the bottom handlebar brace/skid plate. Randy donated a very nice handlebar, fuel tank, and bottom skidplate/brace.

Last edited:
Sure enough. You don't mind those screws going to Callyfornkneeuh, do you? Ron

I guess that will be ok

I hope that's not a problem. Also........some hardware and little bits for a Super 2-10A (that were sent from Guntersville, AL to Callyfornkneeuh) are going to head to Iowa soon (along with said Super 2-10A).

Aaron, Joey was so kind. He actually bagged and labeled the screws. Firewood season is about to return with a vengeance and I won't have time to put this saw together - and I don't know what I would do with it if I did so I thought it might make a nice addition to your collection. Ron

It seems we will be devoting a bit more time to looking after Jeff and helping get his place back in order (he was really down for several months without letting any of us know) and the place is a disaster. I will get to use a lot of my tools and practice home improvement skills for a while.

This past week I did have a little time between trips to Iowa City and bringing him home with us (I did mention he is staying with us for a while until we get his place cleaned up and he is better able to care for himself) I got a big package from Grizzly and found enough time to make a cabinet for it. Ideally you would mount these solidly to the floor but I will need to move it around to access my sheet good storage so I put some heavy duty casters on mine.

Certainly not for production work but my main objective was more precise drilling and the ability to position the work piece under the drill. I threw the table from my old drill press on the milling table for general work, just two nuts to remove to pop the table off and away we go.

Someone will have to tell me how to attach photos as it seems the old procedure no longer works.

Mark

Lets test the picture function.....

Here is a highly customized high performance muffler cover

hu5upunu.jpg

There's redneck then there's something else entirely. That fits in the later category. Why a soup can.

Here's the funny part, that's my fathers saw and his mod. Why? I don't know other than he broke the back part off the clutch cover. He bought it new.

That's my blood line guys, kinda scares me.

There is a funny story about how my dad got that PM10-10. I'll try to keep it short

Dad bought a homelite super xl new from a local dealer. On the first day of cutting firewood with it, it gave problems. I don't remember the problems because I was too young. He got so mad at the saw, he threw it off the bluff. (We were cutting up on white oak mtn in north AR). He drove straight to the place he bought it and gave them such a hard time that they gave his money back and then he bought the PM10-10. He told them if they wanted the saw back, they could go get it.

It's a whole lot funnier to hear him tell the story. So, he used that saw from new to what you see pictured. It ran up until the late 90's. it cut countless loads of wood and dad bragged on it all the time. In the early 90's, my mother bought him a new 50cc craftsman. He asked, "why, I've got a good saw". It had 105 psi compression as it sits in that picture and still ran. That's how "yellow CAD" started for me. It was passed down from my father and witnessing it for myself.

Aaron, Joey was so kind. He actually bagged and labeled the screws. Firewood season is about to return with a vengeance and I won't have time to put this saw together - and I don't know what I would do with it if I did so I thought it might make a nice addition to your collection. Ron

Thank you very much Ron. My firewood season will end in a month or two.......to be replaced by the rain/stormy season. Most of the cutting I do during the fall and winter months has to do with storm cleanup and hazard tree issues in the park where I do volunteer work. This year I have some orange and green 4-5.3ci saws to share the work load with the older red and yellow veterans.

I've been wanting a 70cc 10-series AV saw for quite some time. Had a few deals for CP/SP-70's in the works, but they never quite panned out. This'll give me a nice McProject for the winter (at least when I'm not cutting at the park or at my 'regular' job). It'll run that 20" SpeedMac, and may also try on a 28" SpeedMac roller nose bar that I have.

Thank you very much Ron. My firewood season will end in a month or two.......to be replaced by the rain/stormy season. Most of the cutting I do during the fall and winter months has to do with storm cleanup and hazard tree issues in the park where I do volunteer work. This year I have some orange and green 4-5.3ci saws to share the work load with the older red and yellow veterans.

I've been wanting a 70cc 10-series AV saw for quite some time. Had a few deals for CP/SP-70's in the works, but they never quite panned out. This'll give me a nice McProject for the winter (at least when I'm not cutting at the park or at my 'regular' job). It'll run that 20" SpeedMac, and may also try on a 28" SpeedMac roller nose bar that I have.

Even the little details are covered. I'll try to get it boxed up in the next two weeks. :msp_smile: Ron

Rom. 8:28

Problems?

Why can't I do an advanced search any more? It says connection refused. Is it perhaps at my end or from the site? Are others having the same problem?

Ray

pm700

got the bits to make it runable but my back has gone south again. had a guy lined up to help me start it but he didn't show. been wanting to hear what a reed attenuated mac sounds like.
in the meantime i started eying this bow bar for the 700. i think it will fit with an "S" clip not sure about the oil holes yet. the bar is off a xl12. may have to paint it black. what do you think ?

attachment.php

Back