McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you got your money back. If you read all the warnings on Craig's List, you would never sell anything. Maybe he thought you were one of those scam-rs described in the warnings or maybe he got a better deal and just reneged on your deal, who knows. But if you don't want to get hooked on a ten series then it is probably good in the end for you that you didn't get it. :) Ron

I'm glad you got your money back. If you read all the warnings on Craig's List, you would never sell anything. Maybe he thought you were one of those scam-rs described in the warnings or maybe he got a better deal and just reneged on your deal, who knows. But if you don't want to get hooked on a ten series then it is probably good in the end for you that you didn't get it. :) Ron

As I always say, everything happens for a reason. And I really do not want to start collecting 10 series saws So maybe that's why I also it didn't work out for me. The only reason I bought the 2-10 is because it was a super in the price was right Plus I was looking for a saw to cut up smaller stuff.

The 1010 s I have is like new and was dirt cheap on Craigslist. It has the leaking fuel tank and caps as usual And I haven't messed with it yet it's just sitting on a shelf. I do think that is it for me though for the 10 series saws.

I really do like the heavy old beasts. Now a 440, 450, 0740, 797 saw to me is not that heavy. I can easily lug one of those around the woods all day. I always see guys complaining about the weight of these older Saws and maybe that's the reason why they want the 10 series because they're lighter. Honestly I just don't see those saws being that heavy.

Anyway I am going to concentrate on the older saws from the 50's and 60's. I still need to find a 73, 77, 325, 430, etc... Those are what I enjoy tinkering with and cutting with. The 49 is a bit on the heavy side but it's great to cut with. I hope to find a decent 73 or 77 that I can use so I don't have to use the 49.

Ok im outta here for now...

Nick

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

Just jumping in here but if you're interested in older muscle saws, I do have a 1-46 and a 3-25 I'm willing to sell. The 1-46 ran when I last put it away but by now might need a good cleaning and the 3-25 is a recent purchase and as best I can determine will need rings and maybe a coil or condenser as it has no spark.
DSCN0993.JPG

Just jumping in here but if you're interested in older muscle saws, I do have a 1-46 and a 3-25 I'm willing to sell. The 1-46 ran when I last put it away but by now might need a good cleaning and the 3-25 is a recent purchase and as best I can determine will need rings and maybe a coil or condenser as it has no spark.
View attachment 351486

Im interested PM me with info... Thanks

I don't know much about these saws, but I just picked up an 840, and a 797 along with what looks like enough parts for another. I'm not sure what the saw in the middle pic is, maybe a 1-70? Haven't had much time to figure out all of what's here yet...
image.jpg
Maybe a 1-70, it's a gear drive...
image.jpg
The one on the left is a 797, on the right I think is an 840, it's stamped 840/740 on the bottom. I think the gear drives were 840? The 797 is not a gear drive.
image.jpg

I was wondering if someone could help me find a McCulloch 4-30 chainsaw. My father had one stored in his home made sawmill. When he passed away, I inherited the saw. I planned to have it fully restored, but when I sent it to American Restoration to be restored it was lost in transit. I am looking to find another saw to restore in his memory. It had a 36 bar with a helper handle. Unfortunately I am in able to locate another saw of this make. Anyone know where I may find one for sale? The following photo is of the missing saw.
image.jpg

How was the saw "lost"? After seeing the $5000 "restoration" they did on a saw you may be better off. Too bad it was a sentimental saw that disappeared.

2mhzziv.jpg
free saw today

Latest posts

Back