McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of the CP models with Tillotson HS (I think) and they are just fine. I also have a few of the later PM800 series saws with the Zama and I think they may be the zippiest carburetors.

I have one Tillotson with the high speed governor that came on the Super LG6, had to change it out to get the saw to run - you might have been here for that demonstration Steve.

I like the SDC's best only because I have so many and so many kits and parts for them.

Mark
I do! Thank you for the observations.

We have two non running 10-10's and hope to make one runner. Waiting to see what the seller wants to do in the morning.

I am going to pass on the saw. I usually pay less than $30 for my old saws so I don't have to much invested. I like to run my mcculloch saws occasionally. I still have to fix a couple of mine but all of them just have good compression and spark except for my PM 700 which I am waiting on my piston rings to arrive. I started tinkering with saws at age 17 ( I am 22 now). I started with my Pro mac 10-10S and a pioneer 1074 from a scrap yard. I have at least 75 saw including parts saws at the moment. It has become an addiction for me. Luckily I have gotten my dad involved in the addiction too and he lets me keep all my saws in his shop and he helps me get more of them. I sell enough running saws to be theoretically profitable. Mostly stihl and husqvarna and parts I can't use get sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to muddy the Mac thread but if you have any Husky 77's I'm all ears.

Has anyone used a Nova II module on a Mcculloch saw to replace the points. I have a super 250 that needs one and maybe a D36. Would I need to change the timing or just wire in and go? Thanks

Why not stick with points? Some folks have had to advance the timing using the Nova 2 modules. I have one on a Homelite 1130g and it has not worked well for me yet.

how do you set up the air vane governor on a 55? I am pretty much finished the rebuild on this saw (new seals, bearings, rings etc) and have had it running, but can't get the governor set up quite right. Without it the saw screams, which is fine, but I would like to have the governor functioning. Does anyone have pictures of what its supposed to look like.

Well I picked up 5 Mac saws this weekend. One I have never had before and don't know too much about it. It is a mcculloch 5-10E. I checked mike acres site and it says the displacement is 70CC. Is this identical to the 5-10 but with electric start? And no battery was given with the saw :(. It needs some work and I was thinking about selling it as a parts saw. I can post pics later but is $140 to high to ask for the saw that has great compression but no spark? Thanks Guys!!

Well I picked up 5 Mac saws this weekend. One I have never had before and don't know too much about it. It is a mcculloch 5-10E. I checked mike acres site and it says the displacement is 70CC. Is this identical to the 5-10 but with electric start? And no battery was given with the saw :(. It needs some work and I was thinking about selling it as a parts saw. I can post pics later but is $140 to high to ask for the saw that has great compression but no spark? Thanks Guys!!

It's a rare saw, but not having the battery hurts it. I would say ask $100 but I don't know. It could just need the points cleaned and a new condenser.

The coil wire is missing I was half tempted to put one on it and see if I do have spark. If it fires maybe ask $140. Also is it 70CCs? Cause correct me if I am wrong but the mac 5-10 is a 54cc saw? Thanks!!

Okay, let me mess with it this weekend and I will report back. I will post pics of it here later today when I get off work. Thanks!!

The "E" model McCulloch saws are interesting and some people may be willing to pay over $100 to have one. I picked up a 5-10E as a runner for $50 which in my mind is more the proper range.

For the air vane governor, there should be a yoke on the left side of the air box than engages the throttle lever, and the air vane arm attaches to that under the flywheel cover. From there is it a bit of trial and error to get the governor to regulate the speed of the engine unloaded. I don't seem to have any photos of the set up on my computer.

Mark

Well here she is. Looking to sell but not sure if should sell as is or try to see if it runs with new plug wire? Although that handle broken is probably a big issue??

Attachments

• WP_20161205_19_04_21_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161205_19_04_21_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • WP_20161205_19_04_31_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161205_19_04_31_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • WP_20161205_19_04_45_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161205_19_04_45_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
If the 3-10E is a variant of the promac 10-10 than is this 5-10E a variant of the pro mac 700? Is the piston and jug the same?

Back