McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mac 10 bar could be made to work with your large frame saw but you would have to mill or file the slot for the bar studs, 10 Series are 5/16" and the large frame are 3/8".

There are many, many choices out there as the same bars that fit the large frame McCulloch saws fit many Homelite saws of the same vintage. In fact, many third party bars were made with a universal mount to fit a variety of saws.

Large frame bars would be anything from the D-44/1-40/1-50/1-60/1-70/1-80/200/300/400/500/700/800/SP105/125 type saws.

Universal mount

IMAG0432.jpg

The "S" spacer allows the same bar to be used on many saws with the 5/16" studs as well.

Mark

I pointed this e-bay item out to Mrs. Heimann prior to Christmas, then rather forgot about it. I found a place to hang it in the new room in the basement that I may get in another 10 or 15 years when it is not longer the grandkids play room. Photos of that will follow at some point.

D-44 Bamboo Sign.jpg

That is son Jeff in the recliner in the corner coming up on one year with his new kidney...and yes I was wearing my PNW GTG tee shirt for the green in my red/green Christmas ensemble.

Mark

The Mac 10 bar could be made to work with your large frame saw but you would have to mill or file the slot for the bar studs, 10 Series are 5/16" and the large frame are 3/8".

There are many, many choices out there as the same bars that fit the large frame McCulloch saws fit many Homelite saws of the same vintage. In fact, many third party bars were made with a universal mount to fit a variety of saws.

Large frame bars would be anything from the D-44/1-40/1-50/1-60/1-70/1-80/200/300/400/500/700/800/SP105/125 type saws.

Universal mount

View attachment 546008

The "S" spacer allows the same bar to be used on many saws with the 5/16" studs as well.

Mark
That bar is incredible. Who made it?

Do you know which homelite model bars will fit? The Carlton one would be about 20$ cheaper route since it comes with a chain.

Do you know which homelite model bars will fit? The Carlton one would be about 20$ cheaper route since it comes with a chain.
FWIW,
The Homelite bar has the 9mm slot, so it can be made to fit a large mount McCulloch, BUT the oil hole on the Homelite bar is different. Without drill/dremel work on the Homelite bar, the oil will not get to the chain properly.

If a Homelite Bar is to be put on a McCulloch with an outboard clutch, the 'tail' of the bar needs to be shortened, as there is not enough room between the clutch and the bar stud for the Homelite bar to slide on.

So, a Homelite (or 9mm Husqvarna) bar can be modified to fit a large mount McCulloch, but it's a lot of work just to save a few bucks. Drilling and grinding on a brand new bar doesn't seem right either...
Just my $.02
Hope this helps! :)

Modified Mark sent me this File-O-Plate in a Christmas card a few days back.

IMG_5214.JPG

These are a bit different from the other File-O-Plates due to the odd configuration of the GLX chain.

IMG_5211.JPG

Unlike other File-O-Plates, you actually flip it the wrong way (opposite angle to the cutter) to adjust the rakers.

IMG_5215.JPG

Mark

23be209bbd172d5f28e564a41971a6c1.jpg
3f7c06c8a85466bd7cab410173e2d2b7.jpg

Is this saw bigger than 100cc. Is it a good deal at $200 shipped?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back