McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, I missed it. Oh well Like you I see them for 45.00 I will build one before I pay that for a airfilter. I will just have to keep on the look out. My first mac, well after starting to collecting them is a 1967 vintage 10-10 60001 model one of the first and the air filter has several holes in it. I have filter material glued on over the holes. I don't use this saw very much because of it's age and that filter but I get it out every once in a while and cut a while with it. It is in really good shape also so I don't want to skin it up any worse than it already is.
Brian

Conquered a Mini Mac!

It was a package deal with a Homelite EZ that I found locally. Restored the EZ, but read about the disdain for the little Macs.

It was missing the chain brake handle and mechanism. Top handle broken. Good spark and a clean piston, strong compression.

Blasted and painted the case, used clutch cover, sprocket, carb overhaul, 12 inch bar and chain. Started up with little fuss.

Oiler works fine, carb adjusted well, runs its ass off! Handy little saw for sure.

Really wanna know who scored the 550 I was after on Craigslist in NY. I hope it's someone who will appreciate it.

svk - make sure you push the oiler button once in a while, that saw does not have an automatic pump.

Mark

I was thinking the same thing lol. Lots of cuts with no oil. I catch myself sometimes too when I'm running the oldies I sometimes forget lol.

Really wanna know who scored the 550 I was after on Craigslist in NY. I hope it's someone who will appreciate it.
Sorry I wasn't able to help you on that one, Rotterdam is just 30 minutes down the road and I would have gone to have a look see but they never called back. If there's any other in the area that you get an interest in and you want checked out, give a shout. I was bidding on a Pro Mac 850 parts saw on ebay this week and got out bid myself, I just hope it's someone here in AS that got it and needed it.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you on that one, Rotterdam is just 30 minutes down the road and I would have gone to have a look see but they never called back. If there's any other in the area that you get an interest in and you want checked out, give a shout. I was bidding on a Pro Mac 850 parts saw on ebay this week and got out bid myself, I just hope it's someone here in AS that got it and needed it.
If you ever are interested in doing some charity cutting, I do some volunteer work at a children's camp over near West Sand Lake a couple times a year.

It's no problem, I appreciate the offer. I was a little late catching on to that one. The search for a 6 cube Mac continues.[emoji106]

So when I get the 35" bar I ordered for the 440 I'm gonna run 3/8" skip tooth on it. Do you guys think I would benefit at all from running an 8 pin rim to bring chain speed up or will the old girl not pull it?

This saw is meant to be more of a conversation piece/ impress your friends type of saw that a daily use functional type saw but if the need where to arise that I needed that 35" bar I would like to be able to utilize it as well as possible.

Latest posts

Back