McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate it Mark, will look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime I'm gonna see what I come up with with the string trick.
I can't wait to see the look on the face of the guy at my saw shop when I go in and ask for 100 and something drive links of skip tooth. Lol. (There is really no big wood around here or a need for a bar this big around here)

The sprocket nose version of that bar on a Ten series is 106 drive links. Ron

You seem to be close Ron. I mocked up the bar and using a piece of string I calculated 107 drive links. I will wait to see what Mark comes up with and then go from there.

I have a nice shop but to the life of me I cannot keep it clean and it drives me crazy. Right now I have 7 customers bikes, 2 of my brothers bikes, 3 of my own bikes, all my chainsaws and two of Ron's chainsaws in a 30X40 shop. Plus parts and equipment. Their is so much in there I can barely move around in there much less clean. At some point this summer I am going to take everything out of it and clean from end to end. But I said that last year...LOL That dose not count what I have in my personal garage. I need to have a yard sale and get rid of a bunch of junk.

Brian

bike pics?

mine

IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1108.JPG

thx. workin on getting neighbors 75 250 montesa. cant think of model, like mxer w/lites. may or may not involve trade for the ts. pics if it ever happens. he's older, cheap, don't need the $$$. startin to realize he's prolly never gonna touch it. been goin on few yr.

Wow have I missed a lot in the last few days. Wasn't getting any notices of new posts for some reason.

So has anyone pulled a piston from a PM8200? If so, how did you pop the circlips out? I see no way to do so except for creating a notch in the boss to get a pic underneath the clip for removal..., like a normal piston would have (unless it used circlips with ears, of course). I've never seen a piston with a captive circlip before.

0401171313a_resized.jpg

0401171316_resized.jpg

Wow have I missed a lot in the last few days. Wasn't getting any notices of new posts for some reason.

So has anyone pulled a piston from a PM8200? If so, how did you pop the circlips out? I see no way to do so except for creating a notch in the boss to get a pic underneath the clip for removal..., like a normal piston would have (unless it used circlips with ears, of course). I've never seen a piston with a captive circlip before.

I think if it were mine, I'd use the Dremel and make a notch just like you said

Or if you have any small picks you would have to use two, one to hold the circlip in place the other to pry it out, I'm afraid though that you would ruin the clip getting it out

I just was given a McCulloch 3-25. It is the single button version. It is missing the air filter cover and the shroud around the spark plug as far as I can tell. It has a 25" engraved McCulloch bar. Is anyone in need of any parts?

I was a truck driver today so I only made a few cuts with a PM800. Brian did some cutting but I'm not sure what yellow saws he used. I don't have a count but I am told a bunch of wood was hauled out today. Had four tandem trailers working as well - loaded by the other half of the kids on level ground or hauled up from here with the CAT. They each made 4 to 5 trips for every one I made in the truck. 39 10th grade kids and five chaperons. All well behaved. No problems and no injuries.

A few non-MAC pictures for sawfun:

First load of the day with about half the kids from Florida.
IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2152.JPG

Second load. First picture - truck is against a stump and ground too slick from two days of off and on rain for the truck to go forward. Drove out fine when loaded. Kids had to load back to front due to the incline.
IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2162.JPG

Third load. Freshly made alternate route around stump.
IMG_2166.JPG

All the kids posing with the fourth load.
IMG_2175.JPG

No pictures of fifth and final load of the day.

I wish more of you lived closer. You would have a blast with your MACs and anything else you might bring. Brian's side by side got a workout ferrying folks and stuff from site to site.

Ron

Picked up a skip tooth Stihl chain for the new bar today. $50 at the local dealer[emoji15]!!! They tried to sell me a 1-50 for $100 when I told them what the chain was going on. Would probably give $30 but not $100 lol

Latest posts

Back