McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone needs a NOS 70 cc piston and cylinder I have one in the trading post. I'll gladly cut a deal if one of the regulars from this thread wants to buy it.

You have my interest but I have been buying a lot of old car parts and have exhausted my saw funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCulloch bar pics. It's a pretty cool bar. I would actually like to keep it as a keepsake, but another part of me say it should be on a 3-25 where it belongs. If you don't have a 3-25, please don't ask me to sell it to you. If anyone is going to hang this on a wall, it will be me lol. Notice the logo is upside-down when you spin the bar around to the opposite side.

Attachments

• IMG_20170402_102430.jpg
    IMG_20170402_102430.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20170402_102436.jpg
    IMG_20170402_102436.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20170402_102502.jpg
    IMG_20170402_102502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20170402_102524.jpg
    IMG_20170402_102524.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
I pick up a Pro Mac 10-10. The chain brake spring is doing nothing. I did find one old thread but the pics are gone due to the hack. Sorry, I'm sure there is another post somewhere on how to reassemble the chain brake but could not find. What puts the tension on the spring? I'm assuming the top left end of the spring goes in the catch but have no idea about the strait end. If it is tensioned on the handle pin this is going to be fun.....
I do not know the saw - Here's what I have just in case something is broke or incorrect.

DSCN4786.JPG

I pick up a Pro Mac 10-10. The chain brake spring is doing nothing. I did find one old thread but the pics are gone due to the hack. Sorry, I'm sure there is another post somewhere on how to reassemble the chain brake but could not find. What puts the tension on the spring? I'm assuming the top left end of the spring goes in the catch but have no idea about the strait end. If it is tensioned on the handle pin this is going to be fun.....
I do not know the saw - Here's what I have just in case something is broke or incorrect.

View attachment 569923

Mark, I'll give it a shot. First, grasp how it works. The flat prong of the spring fits against the handle and the bent prong fits in the trigger of the chain brake. Second, have all parts in reach. Next take it as shown in your picture, position the bent prong in the trigger. With the handle at 3:00 place the "pin" under the spring. With an outward tilt rotate the handle upward until the pin is across from the brake band. Slide the pin through the band. Install washer and screw. Then pray the spring remains on the trigger. Note the spring will center itself once you slide the pin over the band.
Ron

PS. I see that the spring is already properly in place on the trigger.

Thanks guys. I was eventually able to get it completely in place with the bent up part of the spring tuck on top of the trigger against the stud for the brake spring. Grabbed a thin wall 1/4 socket put it over the bent up part of the spring an maneuvered it in place.

Tim, your pictures seem to be of a different model and with a better designed trigger but same principles. Now that I am home here are some shots for Mark with his type of trigger. Ron

View attachment 569957 View attachment 569958 View attachment 569959 View attachment 569960

Oops, I see I am too late. Ron

You pics are great! Maybe someone else will be able to use for their chain brake project.

This is Ron's one pic turned upright showing where the spring is tensioned underneath. IMG_2188.JPG

Back