McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The D-45 is pretty cool, a model that was only sold in Canada if I understand correctly. Basically they are a 1-41 with the full wrap and the long top cover.

Dan - 10-24x3/4 hex head screws (6 total). You could use pan head screws if you have to, but standard socket head screws will not provide adequate clearance for the underside of the flywheel. You are having trouble finding them because they don't appear where you expect them to be, look at Item #8.

1672581584365.png

Mark

The D-45 is pretty cool, a model that was only sold in Canada if I understand correctly. Basically they are a 1-41 with the full wrap and the long top cover.

Dan - 10-24x3/4 hex head screws (6 total). You could use pan head screws if you have to, but standard socket head screws will not provide adequate clearance for the underside of the flywheel. You are having trouble finding them because they don't appear where you expect them to be, look at Item #8.

View attachment 1045299

Mark
Thank you!

Help?

As many here know I am not well versed in the older Big Macs. Going through some cylinders today I ran across this one. I have been through every IPL (including kart motors) I have and can't find anything. This was an opened and resealed box so its possible its a case of the wrong part in the wrong box but I doubt it. I appreciate any insight. I have more images if that would help. I miced to bore at about 2.25" not exact though. I have a real bore caliper on the way.

PN 83090 1.jpgPN 83090 9.jpgPN 83090 8.jpgPN 83090 7.jpgPN 83090 6.jpgPN 83090 4.jpg
Max

Help?

As many here know I am not well versed in the older Big Macs. Going through some cylinders today I ran across this one. I have been through every IPL (including kart motors) I have and can't find anything. This was an opened and resealed box so its possible its a case of the wrong part in the wrong box but I doubt it. I appreciate any insight. I have more images if that would help. I miced to bore at about 2.25" not exact though. I have a real bore caliper on the way.

View attachment 1045712View attachment 1045714View attachment 1045715View attachment 1045716View attachment 1045717View attachment 1045719
Max

@heimannm posted this Super 250 pic up back in April. Not sure if it's the same as yours but it looks similar.

1672765180166.png

I got the PM 555 in the mail today.Of course the seller forgot to mention that the muffler is loose,it's missing at least one bolt & most likely the gasket too.Also missing a bar nut.On the plus side,it's nice & clean,has both bar plates,& has a new fuel filter in it.I'll see about getting pics on here tomorrow.

Help?

View attachment 1045712
Max

********************************/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8117
^ www chainsawcollectors se

Going off that post I did find that number in a super 550 IPL June 1970

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 11.06.27 PM.png

Can d/l here (thanks Leon!)
https://www.leonschainsawpartsandrepair.com/mcculloch-literature.html

With that shove in the right direction, I also find 83090 matches the Europe only 595. Sorry, no electronic copy of that IPL...

There was also a 295 in Europe, their version of the Super 250. I haven't seen a hard copy of the IPL but I did see a saw once while visiting Belgian (Roland). Somewhere on the middle row if I recall...that was more than 10 years ago...

DSCN1162.jpg

Mark

No pics of the PM 555 yet.I pulled the muffler off,or should I say what's left of it.Almost the entire bottom of the muffler is gone.Surprisingly the gasket was still there.
What I'd like to know is if I can use a pancake muffler from a PM 10-10? (part # 89428)
Edit:I did a little research & found that Randy's Small Engine Repair is selling the 95318 & the 89428 as interchangeable.I don't know if this is correct.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back