McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to ask earlier... what has been sprayed on the walls and underside of the roof? Some sort of insulation?
Correct. Its a closed cell foam spray on insulation. Its water proof and at the depth I had it applied hits about an R14 rating

Correct. Its a closed cell foam spray on insulation. Its water proof and at the depth I had it applied hits about an R14 rating
OK, it looks quite thin.
I suspect our R-values are different, here R5 is quite a lot.

EDIT: R14 for you is about R2.4 for us which is what our house walls are typically installed with.

I've used a thick piece of fuel line to hold the duck bill valve in a fuel cap as well as a tiny O-ring.
Anything really that will trap the valve in the cap and seal will work.
Only thing is in South Carolina on a 100° day the valve if trapped, will cause the saw to flood because it can't burp pressure and it will overwhelm the carburetor pop off pressure.

Syncop8r - I believe that is closed cell foam insulation. Provides a vapor barrier as well as an airtight package and good insulation value. No mud here in the Midwest, temperature hasn't even been close to freezing for the past 5 days or so. As least we only had about 2" of snow to accompany the wind from Thursday through Saturday. Other areas had it much worse.

My 3D printer doesn't produce a fine enough finish for a part like the insert. I don't think most homeowner type units would be able to produce a finish that would be suitable in this application even if you could find an appropriate material for the required fuel resistance.

Mark

You folks have heard me make the statement that purchasing Bob J's stuff I was like a kid looking under the tree to see what Santa brought. Things like this are why thats true. PN 92555 PN92555 1.jpgPN92555 8.jpgPN92555 7.jpgPN92555 6.jpgPN92555 5.jpgPN92555 3.jpgPN92555 2.jpgOEM NOS sealed in plastic then in its box complete engine for that Mark and I believe is an SP-80 or SP-81 Pretty cool stuff, Yellow Gold!

Thats cool. And he didnt know he had it. I asked him about one a few years ago and he told me he was all out of those. Lol
UPDATE: I was wrong. After I got the rings oiled up and moved the piston, checked it is an SP-70 engine. Still yellow gold. I have 3-5 of them.

I've been MIA for about a week due to the blizzard that hit our area last week during Christmas.Over 30 deaths attributed to the storm & the toll is climbing.I lost the internet on Fri.around noon & just got it back today around 4:00 p.m.Thank goodness I didn't lose electric like so many others did.We stayed warm & had plenty to eat.

I did manage to snag a couple of Macs on feebay today.The 1st saw was a PM 5700 that has 180 psi.It runs,but the seller said it might need carb work.The 2nd saw I bought was a PM 555 that has 122 psi,obviously it'll need new rings.I'm wondering if the rings from a PM55 will fit?Funny story about the 555 - last week the same saw sold for $158.Apparently the buyer didn't pay for it,so it went back up for auction again.I had a bid war with another person & I bowed out at $76,till just before the end with 15 seconds left I bid $130.50 & won.I was searching for a 555 for well over a yr.& every time I found one it went for big bucks.I'll be posting pics when I get them & keep you updated of any work that needs to be done.

Syncop8r - I believe that is closed cell foam insulation. Provides a vapor barrier as well as an airtight package and good insulation value.

The air seal is something that a lot of people seem to overlook in regards to spray foam - I can say from experience that stopping that air movement makes a night and day difference, regardless of the R value. If you see discoloration all around the edges of your batt insulation, that's your heating and cooling dollar leaking. Also easier to get foam in those cracks and crevices where you couldn't otherwise pack fiberglass in.
Downside - try pulling wire through the wall after it's sheet rocked. :D

Since there have been a few posts about cap duckbills, anyone got a large duckbill they'd be willing to sell? I've got a super 250 that needs one for the fuel cap.

Mark I recall you posting before that there was a company that would sell them if you ordered 10 or more (something to that effect). If no one here has one they can part with maybe I'll order from them and sell off a few of the extras.

Hope everyone had a great holiday and has a happy new year!

Part number 53766, last time I ordered I had to get 20 pieces. I have them available for $6.95 each...

When the heating/ac guys were hanging the units on the exterior of my building they managed to drive a screw into a wire encased in the foam, behind the drywall...

20190606_121734.jpg

That required a bit of extra work to correct. All of the wiring was done before the insulation which required some additional planning up front but does produce a very energy efficient building.

20190606_121721.jpg

Mark

Latest posts

Back