McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahem,

from this day forth, any and all Homelites posted here must be six cubes or better.
:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I may hate myself later for this, but Randy I think I like you.

I must be running the saws in the shed with the door closed too much.

I would rep you, but I must reload

Chris

ahem,

from this day forth, any and all Homelites posted here must be six cubes or better.
:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Well................that dirty old Homelite 900D wearing the 36" hardnose certainly fits these new requirements. Needs some spikes though.............(hint hint).:cheers:

Gentlemen and Aaron,
I'm headed for the shop to survey today's junk in a box, have a couple shots, a beer and a havatampa.
The Colt is stayin' with me.

Don't slingin that colt around to much after the shots and PBR's,
Wouldn't want ya ta leave this nice place we live to soon.

Lee

Gentlemen and Aaron,
I'm headed for the shop to survey today's junk in a box, have a couple shots, a beer and a havatampa.
The Colt is stayin' with me.

Lieutenants, the General Cigar RandyMac is leaving the premesis.

May the Pleasure Police stay far from his shop, so he may enjoy his many delicacies, spirits, cigars and diversions.

Chris

Darn, couldn't get that 42" General roller nose on ebay. Oh well, who ever won felt some pain in the wallet, at least.

Darn! don't know how I missed that one! Well, he'll feel some pain in his back when he straps it on : msp_laugh:

John

Last edited:
Darn! don't know how I missed that one! Well, he'll feel some pain in his back when he straps it on!: msp_laugh:

John

Nah, pure pleasure. I have a 36 General roller on the 1-82. It's the nicest bar I have, even better than the 36 custom shop roller. Oh well, there's others out there.

Nah, pure pleasure. I have a 36 General roller on the 1-82. It's the nicest bar I have, even better than the 36 custom shop roller. Oh well, there's others out there.

:agree2:

I like 30-36" for a big saw, the balance is nice for blocking out fire wood from good sized logs. I'm 64, when I'm clearing fence rows or wind damage my big saw is usually a 372 wearing a 24". The yellow saws jes come out for big work & to show off.

John

:agree2:

I like 30-36" for a big saw, the balance is nice for blocking out fire wood from good sized logs. I'm 64, when I'm clearing fence rows or wind damage my big saw is usually a 372 wearing a 24". The yellow saws jes come out for big work & to show off.

John

Me, too. Was runnin' the 372 and 24 combo in firewood this afternoon. The big guns are mainly for showing off or when I need a "fix." One of these days though, some big Alcona county timber is comin' down, vintage style.

Everything is quite on this thread so I go off to watch Hollylogging (last three episodes) and I come back to see there been more fun over here than on the Suwannee River.

I was on my way to fill-up the Ranchero, when I ran across a friend of mine.
Its a good thing I had my gas card.

shop001-2.jpg

His PM800 wouldn't start, had no compression so we checked it out. He thought it needed a piston, it was a stuck open decomp. I fixed it and gave up my gas money for the 850 and a box with most of two PM81s and a 610 hulk.
I also got a line on some big inch yellow saws, with chromed covers.

Randy, it looks like that 850 has an 800 muffler. And is that a DSP sticking out the side? Maybe you and Mark should trade saws.

I had a couple of visitors on Saturday to look over an SP81 and PM800 I have setting around. They are looking into making a swap and wanted to get an idea of what might be involved. The SP81 has been setting around here for a while and I really hadn't thought about it too much.

We pulled it down to the point where you could look in through the intake side (they needed to see what the boot looks like) and surprise, surprise, piston looks very good and compression is quite strong. I think I have most of what I will need laying around to get it all back together and going again except for the clutch cover/chain brake, and a coil.

Hey Randy, I only have one chrome shroud and that is on a Mc 40 so I still need a 101 too...

174047d1298855808-dscn0148-jpg

Mark

Mark, is the saw on the right your 800? It looks like an 850 to me.

Well then. guess who sat up and sang songs for Papa?

The 850 had a full tank of what smells like fresh fuel, a nice pretty green, I poured it out anyway and gave it a good hit off a can of 40fuel. After playing with a balky starter, then replacing it, the 850 started in five pulls.
The compression is knuckle popping, I think the sissy valve is stuck shut. after a good cleaning and inspection, I'll find a 32" bar and some second growth Redwood.

Gentlemen and Aaron,

I twisted the top off a Blue Boar in celebration.
Care to join me? I am a happy man having another PM850

Picture013.jpg

Success! Already drinkin' Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 year old, but what's another dram among friends?

Is that a Python or a King Cobra? I have a 6" stainless King Cobra that looks similar to that, mine has rubber grips.

That's a Diamondback. Colt made 'em in 38spl and .22LR. Randy's looks to be a .38. It was the father of the King Cobra (it's very similar) and was Colt's effort to sell a high quality revolver that was at the same time not as expensive as a Python. They did an admirable job in my opinion.

Well then. guess who sat up and sang songs for Papa?

The 850 had a full tank of what smells like fresh fuel, a nice pretty green, I poured it out anyway and gave it a good hit off a can of 40fuel. After playing with a balky starter, then replacing it, the 850 started in five pulls.
The compression is knuckle popping, I think the sissy valve is stuck shut. after a good cleaning and inspection, I'll find a 32" bar and some second growth Redwood.

Gentlemen and Aaron,

I twisted the top off a Blue Boar in celebration.
Care to join me? I am a happy man having another PM850

Nicely done Randy. Glad you have another runner. Didja see the pics of your 790? I think I'll join you in a toast to your good fortune...........................despite yer slandering me with the "Gentlemen and Aaron" business...:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back