McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D176 bar on small mount husky?

Has anyone done this? I have seen a few SM husky's on the tube wearing them. I wonder if it takes much work. I could use a bar that would switch between the two.

Urbicide... that is snow, I'm sure there's some baking soda mixed in too since I blasted those parts... :)

Warped... that is in fact the paw print boots that you can buy from Labonville... :D No, really, they were caused by the goofy black lab of mine... :)

Had a minor brain fart today... for some reason I kept thinking I told the guy at the machine shop that the cylinder clearance needed to be .005"... so I went there to check that.

We're good... I spec'd for .004" and learned something else... they're gonna it hone for me too. I was thinking this whole time that it would either be extra or I would have to do it myself...

Hmm...

can someone tell me if a muffler from another Mac will fit the G-70? I know it's a 10 series saw but I don't have the IPLs from all the different saws to compare numbers and I know that they numbered a lot of them differently.... even though they were the same part.

Thanks.

can someone tell me if a muffler from another Mac will fit the G-70? I know it's a 10 series saw but I don't have the IPLs from all the different saws to compare numbers and I know that they numbered a lot of them differently.... even though they were the same part.

Thanks.

Any of the 10 series mufflers will work except for the 82cc versions, like a SP81 for example.

Well, I'm knee deep in the 3-25 I got from Pastryguy and I'm looking for seals. The National numbers are apparently no good now. I hate to pull them out to get measurements and wondered if anyone knew some current numbers that would work.

Overall the saw is in pretty good shape, just dirty with some corrosion. Should turn out real nice.

Well, I'm knee deep in the 3-25 I got from Pastryguy and I'm looking for seals. The National numbers are apparently no good now. I hate to pull them out to get measurements and wondered if anyone knew some current numbers that would work.

Overall the saw is in pretty good shape, just dirty with some corrosion. Should turn out real nice.

Might as well pull them. They are gonna have to come out anyway.

Who did you try for the seals.
I use a major bearing company here in Ma.
for all my seals and bearing. Only one i have
tried to get was proprietary for a Homelite 2100.
If you have a National number i would think it would
cross to another brand.

Lee

.. keep an eye on Lee .. he has more 125-flavored Macs than anyone in North America.

You may need a very large railroad bar or some plastic explosive to pry it from his hands, though .... :hmm3grin2orange:

(Sorry Lee, just could not resist the jab ..:) )

The jab is ok buddy.
But i only have a couple 125 Mac's. :msp_unsure:

Lee

Hhheeelllppppppppp

All it takes is a screw!!!!!!!!

screw.JPG

Anybody have a good one of these?

All it takes is a screw!!!!!!!!

Anybody have a good one of these?

Try any small engine shop, call around, I am positive you can find your parts locally. Did you try craigslist to find a donor saw? You can usually pick up a good runner cheaper than buying the parts, then you will have a extra coil, flywheel, oilier, handles, carb, filter, filter cover, starter, points, clutch cover, bar, and chain.

Mac 250 and 300

I bought both of the above saws today and probably will keep one of them and sell the other. I checked Acres Site and about the only difference I could find is the 300 has a automatic oiler with a manual over ride, but if I remember right someone said that the 300 is a more aggressive saw. I got lucky and both have the HL carbs. I will be back about 8:30. Tom

Shop Manuals

I know this is the wrong place but it's the place I feel at home.

I need the McCulloch Shop Manuals #60270 and #63328 (I think). This should be for 1-40/50/60
etc. and the supplement for 200/300 etc.

If anyone can help, my email is [email protected]

Thanks.

ODW

Latest posts

Back