McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pro Mac 850

Went to sell a Husqvarna 357XP today and the guy brought along a superb Pro Mac 850 with 24" McCulloch bar and chain. I took it in partial trade, can send pics if interested. Anybody want it? I can post it on the trading post, but thought that it would be most appropriate here first. Best offer. If you want pics, PM me with your email addy and I'll send some.

Super 250 Club

I started a thread at the All Things McCulloch group. If you have a Super 250, feel free to join.

PDR_0651.jpg

PDR_0650.jpg

Ad40FUEL.jpg

I don't know if I've posted any photo's of these here yet, but I have a couple of Super 250's as well, both run but need a good cleaning and bit of work here and there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There may be another one or two in the latest group of saws I received recently, maybe I will have a chance to look through and see what I have.

Mark

Very nice saws. Sadly all I have is just a 250 :( Im not super.
Did add it and a 1-43 to the collection. Now the hunt for a few small parts

I wondered where the spark plug cover went on the 1-41, but I think I now know why it is gone. I had to take the flywheel side cover off just to get to the spark plug because the spark plug cover was hard as a rock and I couldnt get it to budge.
Any remedy for them, besides removing completely?

Last edited:
McCulloch Pro Mac 1010

I have a Mcculloch pro mac 1010 that I bought in 77 or 78 not sure the year and have had zero problems with it. My granmother worked at the McCulloch Dealer, so he gave me a deal and I have been happy for sevral years. I bought my son a pro mac 700 with a 20`` bar for 20.00 from an old farmer and it runs like dream. The only thing I worry about is parts for both of these saws.

I have a Mcculloch pro mac 1010 that I bought in 77 or 78 not sure the year and have had zero problems with it. My granmother worked at the McCulloch Dealer, so he gave me a deal and I have been happy for sevral years. I bought my son a pro mac 700 with a 20`` bar for 20.00 from an old farmer and it runs like dream. The only thing I worry about is parts for both of these saws.

It probably wouldn't hurt then to buy a parts saw or two. Gaskets and carb kits are still around but you have to hunt a little more than before.

Always use fresh gas/oil mix (less than a couple months old), keep the chain sharp, and you will likely never have a problem with it. Wear items like bar, chain, filters, and spark plug are readily available. If you funk something up, theres always chainsawr.com and that well known auction website:monkey: to find other parts. I love my macs :greenchainsaw:

BTW, you stole that PM700. They are a desireable Mac to have.

Always use fresh gas/oil mix (less than a couple months old), keep the chain sharp, and you will likely never have a problem with it. Wear items like bar, chain, filters, and spark plug are readily available. If you funk something up, theres always chainsawr.com and that well known auction website:monkey: to find other parts. I love my macs :greenchainsaw:

BTW, you stole that PM700. They are a desireable Mac to have.

You'd be surprised what you can find around yard sales, auctions, from people who want to get rid of them...I paid $5 for my 700.

Any remedy for them, besides removing completely?

Lil Possum, I would not run the saw very long or hard without the spark plug cover in place as you will lose a lot of the cooling air that would otherwise pass over the cylinder.

Replacement parts can be found, I know Randy in Ohio (Duncan's?) has them available, not cheap but good replacement parts.

Mark

You'd be surprised what you can find around yard sales, auctions, from people who want to get rid of them...I paid $5 for my 700.

How do you sleep at night?? LOL just kidding. I guess I'll have to spend more time at the garage sales this summer. They always have a huge one in late summer. US 127 and Lincoln Highway both have a hundreds of miles long garage sale. I happen to live near where they cross, you can spend days garage saleing.

Latest posts

Back