McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good set of needle nosed pliers are what I use to install it.

Yes, a very long and skinny set with good teeth probably would have been great.

If anyone out there in AS land has good lever/handguard p/n 92479 please PM me. This certain big auction site has them for $20 plus shipping but I can't bring myself to do that right now...

Yes, a very long and skinny set with good teeth probably would have been great.

If anyone out there in AS land has good lever/handguard p/n 92479 please PM me. This certain big auction site has them for $20 plus shipping but I can't bring myself to do that right now...

Brian i will see what i can come up with and let you know

That's great Calvin, let me know what you come up with. Did you ever find a 3/8, 8 tooth RIM?

Okay, got the 1-72 done and out today. This saw runs great with absolutely none of the usual ritualistic histrionics of cursing/cajoling the thunder out of it. It starts, idles, cuts, and shuts off as uneventfully as any of my modern Huskies. Shame, I kinda enjoy the drama...

Some more tuning is needed to get the revs up a little better in the cut. These governed saws are a little trickier. Lots of cut and adjust. I base-lined it with the tach and manually forcing the governor open. Set it a just over 10000 rpm. Ran pretty well that way. I will say that after this vid I got out a bigger round for a planned 1-72 vs. 1-82 shootout and that 36" bar is probably the max on this saw. It's powerband is very much like another, modern "72" I own. Cuts great if you let it race, but try to dump truck it and it coughs in protest. The shootout never materialized. I have never put a carb kit in the 1-82. Never needed it, until now. She wasn't cooperating and I suspect it's time. I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow (stupid, it'll be 80 here this weekend) so it'll wait until we get back I guess.

Enjoy the vid. As you can hear, the T&C muffler was a great idea, but poorly executed. Still rattles my teeth. I love it :chainsaw:!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kDNumYZXno&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6kDNumYZXno&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That's great Calvin, let me know what you come up with. Did you ever find a 3/8, 8 tooth RIM?

Nope not yet only the 7 tooths and have plenty of them 4.95 each while supplies last

Im kind of discouraged right now cause of no business showing up on my site have numerous bills totaling 2533.00 for the month of april and not even close to touching that
i am adding my moms in with that .

What i dont understand brian is i have over 100 part #s for the mcculloch alone and over 400 Homelite and over 100 poulan on my site and hardly none are being taken

Currently have 3 fuel lines for the mcculloch 10-10 s 5 air filters 69922 replacements and 5 of the other replacements air filters all for the 10-10 series and others and 2 oil pumps for the 10 series saws part # 215339 have 5 stud bolts part 92777 for the power mac 310 320 330 have two side bar covers for homelite super ez see parts that people get off ebay and pay a fortune for them when yet i have them as well with cheaper prices

That is what i do not understand

Last edited:
Nope not yet only the 7 tooths and have plenty of them 4.95 each while supplies last

Im kind of discouraged right now cause of no business showing up on my site have numerous bills totaling 2533.00 for the month of april and not even close to touching that
i am adding my moms in with that .

What i dont understand brian is i have over 100 part #s for the mcculloch alone and over 400 Homelite and over 100 poulan on my site and hardly none are being taken

well, see if you have that eager beaver handle!

If Calvin can't help you, post a picture. I'll probably have to attend church another time for helping the devil beaver, but I'm tiring of reading about it. Nothing personal, I know you agree its time for it to earn its keep.

If Calvin can't help you, post a picture. I'll probably have to attend church another time for helping the devil beaver, but I'm tiring of reading about it. Nothing personal, I know you agree its time for it to earn its keep.

Well here is the picture of the broken part then!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Didn't mean to be :deadhorse:

Sweet! :cheers:

It's a little POS but it seems kinda fun! :chainsaw:

Yeah, them little saws are kinda neat to run. . . Small enough to throw in the tool box or behind the seat if you're going for a drive down a country road (for them trees that block the way occasionally), or going camping for a weekend and need some camp wood.

I've been gone all day today with mom had her to the doctor this morning then had to take her to the hospital to give some blood work they are checking her for chf cause she is getting short winded alot so i have that stress on me right now.

I wish i had the funds to put a Display ad in the local newspaper as well as run a couple Radio commercials on a mower tune up special for $ 19.95 up to 24.95 on pushmowers and $ 69.95 on the riders but it costs funds to put that in motion.

At least i have one job worked by using the flyer system a tire center here in my area there asst manager john deere tractor with a CV13s kohler have to tune it up saturday morning .

But i need more than one

To help get these bills caught up so if i just can get some of them parts sold it will help
i have Four businesses in my area that was nice enough to let me leave flyers at there location one a fed ex store second a hardware store third that car tire center fourth a restaurant in town who even put the flyer in there window so people can see it.

I may be forced to getting my locksmith license renewed and doing road side calls only here in a few months from now
$ 32.00 a call is not alot but it is better than nothing and summer time is when they are busy i was both a locksmith and small engine shop small engines been doing that since 1988 and then i went into locksmith in 1994 just last year had to resign from that cause license ran out and did not have the funds to re do the license

Last edited:
ive been gone all day today with mom had her to the doctor this morning then had to take her to the hospital to give some blood work they are checking her for chf cause she is getting short winded alot so i have that stress on me right now

That's a lot to take in Calvin. . . Keep your chin up.

The Lord's got your back, even when you think he doesn't.

Latest posts

Back