McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What condition is the fuel filter? Those tank filters can get gummed up and not pass fuel for beans. Open up the screws to 1-1/4 turn out. Waive a dead cat over it while wearing your underwear (clean) on your head. Speak in tongues while whipping yourself with a used mini-mac starter rope. That oughta do it. Oh yeah.......................shoot a video of the process and post it here.:D

I had to rep you for this one Aarron.

paccity - indeed it looks to have a lot of useable parts, can you look at the bottom where the handle mounts and verify that it is still solid? Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Eccentric - certainly I am interested, my 2-10 has the bullfrog and does not have the DSP. Super 2-10 would be another unique variation to help fill out the top shelf.

Mark

What condition is the fuel filter? Those tank filters can get gummed up and not pass fuel for beans. Open up the screws to 1-1/4 turn out. Waive a dead cat over it while wearing your underwear (clean) on your head. Speak in tongues while whipping yourself with a used mini-mac starter rope. That oughta do it. Oh yeah.......................shoot a video of the process and post it here.:D

I just copy and pasted "Eccentric" and moved it to my USELESS folder!:laugh:

I had to rep you for this one Aaron.

Thanks Jim. Sometime's that's all that can be done to fix the damn things.:cool2:

Weird_Science1.jpg

Gary and Wyatt are practicing their mini-mac fixin' skills on this doll....

paccity - indeed it looks to have a lot of useable parts, can you look at the bottom where the handle mounts and verify that it is still solid? Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Eccentric - certainly I am interested, my 2-10 has the bullfrog and does not have the DSP. Super 2-10 would be another unique variation to help fill out the top shelf.

Mark

I'll get this one boxed up and headed to Dike, Iowa.:cheers:

The ritual? It's an internal combustion engine at the end of the day. Check compression, spark and fuel. If it's got all 3 it should run........maybe not great depending on other conditions but it should fire;)

Oh Dennis.....

Don't you remember what happened when you made your "as long as you have the patience to work on them..." comment? You're setting yourself up. Them mini-macs are gonna bite you.....:laugh:

When driving to work on Wednesday I saw a "mac cat" decendant of the PM300 series sticking out of a neighbor's curbside recycling can. Thought about pulling it out of there to send to you..........but just couldn't bring myself to touch another mini-mac....:sucks:

Mark

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
i need a camera .

Oh Dennis.....

Don't you remember what happened when you made your "as long as you have the patience to work on them..." comment? You're setting yourself up. Them mini-macs are gonna bite you.....:laugh:

When driving to work on Wednesday I saw a "mac cat" decendant of the PM300 series sticking out of a neighbor's curbside recycling can. Thought about pulling it out of there to send to you..........but just couldn't bring myself to touch another mini-mac....:sucks:

I realize I can't win them all but I still like em. I probably have 15+ mini's between the complete saws and parts in boxes. I can take one apart and put it back together with my eyes closed:laugh:

Out of all those saws about 4 run good, 3 are having fits and the others just havent seen an overhaul cause I'm busy with the first 3 throwing fits.

I have an extensive collection of bars and chains for these saws, everyone sends me parts and saws for next to nothing. It's like CAD on a budget, awesome.

I've acquired a new love for the plastic 3200 series, I'm 3 for 4 with these. They are EASIER to overhaul and fix then the mini's. The only one I haven't fixed needs crank seals which are the same as the mini seals, I'll have that squared away next week. Downside to these saws( besides the verbal abuse:laugh:) is they are more expensive then the mini's. Coils seem to be getting rare and they do go bad unlike the mini's.

I realize I'm going to fail and I can't fix them all but when I get one running it's just that much sweeter:D

I would like to get a SP125 one day, the only big saw I want. Until then I'll have to fill the void with 38cc's or less.

Hope y'all enjoyed my story, for those that didn't "I have a potty mouth":yoyo:

I realize I can't win them all but I still like em. I probably have 15+ mini's between the complete saws and parts in boxes. I can take one apart and put it back together with my eyes closed:laugh:

Out of all those saws about 4 run good, 3 are having fits and the others just havent seen an overhaul cause I'm busy with the first 3 throwing fits.

I have an extensive collection of bars and chains for these saws, everyone sends me parts and saws for next to nothing. It's like CAD on a budget, awesome.

I've acquired a new love for the plastic 3200 series, I'm 3 for 4 with these. They are EASIER to overhaul and fix then the mini's. The only one I haven't fixed needs crank seals which are the same as the mini seals, I'll have that squared away next week. Downside to these saws( besides the verbal abuse:laugh:) is they are more expensive then the mini's. Coils seem to be getting rare and they do go bad unlike the mini's.

I realize I'm going to fail and I can't fix them all but when I get one running it's just that much sweeter:D

I would like to get a SP125 one day, the only big saw I want. Until then I'll have to fill the void with 38cc's or less.

Hope y'all enjoyed my story, for those that didn't "I have a potty mouth":yoyo:

there is one around here with a fmf on it.;) but on the mm's my 8yr old has a whole bench and cabinet full of them. if he can work on them he came on anything.:hmm3grin2orange:

Good thinking on giving your son saws that you know won't run:D
oh but some do. his first saw was a little xl2. and he has brought back to life a couple 6's. and he has and runs his ms170. he tear's them down cleans and i point as he puts them back together. got to train him so he can take some of the load off of me and the rats nest i call a shop.;)

oh but some do. his first saw was a little xl2. and he has brought back to life a couple 6's. and he has and runs his ms170. he tear's them down cleans and i point as he puts them back together. got to train him so he can take some of the load off of me and the rats nest i call a shop.;)

And he's 8?! Impressive and a Good investment right there:D

Back