McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo0701_zps3f081c00.jpg

Don't let Mark H's mild demeanor fool you he travels with big body guards:msp_scared:

He stopped by my home today while traveling with them:clap:

It was a short visit as his boys looked to be getting hungry and looked like they needed to find a nice steer to grill up to keep them happy:msp_biggrin:

Seal appears to have done the trick as that saw idles now as it should. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

This was delivered today:
DSC07217_zps0a358060.jpg

DSC07222_zps24ecc49d.jpg

Never been into one of these, not sure what kind of issues this one may have. Need to fix the recoil first, then on to whatever. I'm certainly not expecting any kind of performance out of this old bird, but I sure do like the eccentric aspect.

MnSam you are in for a ride of aggravation is I all I can say. I have one that I still can't get to run just quit right so it looks good sitting on the shelf though:laugh:

Shoulda had Mark look at it when he stopped by ...

Actually at the Spring Iowa GTG we tinkered with it in the museum, but I about wore my arm out trying to start it and it was actually running on its own and then some people showed up and we called it quits for the time being. I think it is actually really close to be being dialed in to run by itself.

I have finally come to the realization that I might have more saws than I can keep going and being slightly adult ADHD makes it really tough to stick with any one project at a time:msp_scared: I start one get distracted shelve it and then go onto another get distracted shelve it forget about what I was doing, buy a couple more saws that I just can't leaving behind, start on those get distracted it just never ends:laugh:

This was delivered today:
DSC07217_zps0a358060.jpg

DSC07222_zps24ecc49d.jpg

Never been into one of these, not sure what kind of issues this one may have. Need to fix the recoil first, then on to whatever. I'm certainly not expecting any kind of performance out of this old bird, but I sure do like the eccentric aspect.

It's funny, I can stare at the picture of that saw and look at the muffler and almost hear it running, they sound cool when they do. (I watch YouTube vids:D)

Actually at the Spring Iowa GTG we tinkered with it in the museum, but I about wore my arm out trying to start it and it was actually running on its own and then some people showed up and we called it quits for the time being. I think it is actually really close to be being dialed in to run by itself.

I have finally come to the realization that I might have more saws than I can keep going and being slightly adult ADHD makes it really tough to stick with any one project at a time:msp_scared: I start one get distracted shelve it and then go onto another get distracted shelve it forget about what I was doing, buy a couple more saws that I just can't leaving behind, start on those get distracted it just never ends:laugh:

I'm the exact opposite, I Have. OCD and it will bother the crap outta me until it's running right or I eliminate it from the collection:laugh:

I'm the exact opposite, I Have. OCD and it will bother the crap outta me until it's running right or I eliminate it from the collection:laugh:

I'm kind of the same way. If it's not running or I'm not able to get it running (soon) I get rid of it. This came to me from littlepossum in the Christmas thread. I could place it on the shelf. I may do just that, but I can tell already it would be hard to not obsess on it not running. I've already been looking around for parts.

I traded Mark a bunch of NOS Mac parts to get my Fathers Mac 35 running. It had sit in my basement since 93 after my Dad had passed on. It was worth the cost to hear the old beast run again. It only gets run at gtg's or some other special occasion.

I traded Mark a bunch of NOS Mac parts to get my Fathers Mac 35 running. It had sit in my basement since 93 after my Dad had passed on. It was worth the cost to hear the old beast run again. It only gets run at gtg's or some other special occasion.

I remember you telling me that before. The one I have was giving to me by a good friend and I really like the look of the saw and likewise would like to sue it at some GTGs for fun. Maybe I will get motivated to get after it.

Also Mark scolded me for having to many bare walls indicating lots of room still left in my garage for more saws:buttkick:

Me thinks dear wifey wouldn't be to impressed with shelves of saws around:bang: Kind of sticking with the out of site out of mind method right now:D

Pro Mac 610

I have a Pro Mac 610 that I am having some trouble with, when it is cold it starts on the first or second pull and runs great. It will idle perfectly and pulls the 20'' bar as good as any saw I have used. The only problem is if you turn it off when it is warm unless I restart it within about 30 seconds I will have to pull and pull or let it sit and cool off a while before it starts again. But when I finally get it started again it runs like brand new again. Would this possibly be a symptom of the coil getting weak? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds more like a fuel related problem. Could just need a carburetor kit to make the fuel pump work properly, more likely getting a little vapor lock. Make sure the fuel cap vent works properly (should actually hold some pressure when warm but vent when under vacuum), make sure the metering lever height is set correctly, and insure the needle seats as it should (pressure test the carburetor).

Perhaps the first step is to make sure the saw is clean enough so the cooling air can pass over and maintain the cylinder temperature.

Mark

Latest posts

Back