McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many of you have the big Macs with RHS? (790, 795, 797, 91, 101, etc.)

I'm needing some numbers here to figure out some ideas and see how economically feasible the plan is.

Thanks

Let's see...

Sample

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Eh, I've been busy. Was working and got that job done, then Christmas came around, then earlier this week I got sick and slept for a couple days. Then started organizing my tool box. Also sold some stuff on CL. (no saws, those would be offered up here first if I decide any need to go)

Figured out I have so many wrenches, screwdrivers, ratchets, and sockets that I need to find another tool box to put them all in. Filled the small ones, and have barely any room in my other rolling cabinet/box contraption. I'm quite astonished at how much I've collected over the years. :dizzy:

Still looking for work, sort of. Highly discouraged and sometimes frustrated with how the prospects look.

A fair bit of that time has been trying to convince the war departments (mom and pops, respectively) that I needed to add a certain large piece of machinery to the barn.

They both are against the idea... my first prototype run will likely be a small amount and will be done at a nearby shop. Might get to learn how to run said machine, since my prototype run will probably be three or four examples and the guys there have other work to do. If it takes off, then I might be able to drag the machine I need into the barn, once it gets organized and space is made, that is.

Not saying exactly what it would be since somebody out there would steal the idea at the first chance since it does have potential.

Bar adjusters would be done around the same time as well.

Some just don't think money can be made on a large piece of machinery. I want to prove them wrong... but they would probably whack me noggin with yardsticks if they saw a large machine in the barn, that seemingly came out of nowhere...

Still looking for work, sort of. Highly discouraged and sometimes frustrated with how the prospects look.

Some just don't think money can be made on a large piece of machinery. I want to prove them wrong... but they would probably whack me noggin with yardsticks if they saw a large machine in the barn, that seemingly came out of nowhere...

Keep your chin up, Bubba. I know your area is more depressed than around here, but there are jobs out there if you're diligently looking and persistent. If you're not already doing this, follow up calls or even stop in person to follow up. This helps keep you in mind at places you've applied when they do decide to pull the trigger and hire someone. You'll be working soon enough, I've got faith in ya.

On the machinery, don't forget those things take power, sometimes lots of it. Make sure you have enough service down there for whatever it is you want to run, plus whatever else might be running at the same time (lights, air compressor, etc), or even a cheap piece of machinery gets expensive when you have to upgrade your power supply. 3 phase machinery will need 3 phase power, or an inverter. Just something to be aware of.

Last edited:
Hi Kyle!

Hang in there, good times have to be coming.

Stuck under a barrel myself lately, just can't get shop time and when I do have time, it's for cutting, not wrenching.

Any way, RHS saws? About... 7, I think... for now:hmm3grin2orange:.

Hey Kyle! Good to see you back!

Hey Charles! Nice new avatar! Probably would be more appropriate if he were pointing it at his head .... but wait, that'd be an improvement! :hmm3grin2orange:

Keep your chin up, Bubba. I know your area is more depressed than around here, but there are jobs out there if you're diligently looking and persistent. If you're not already doing this, follow up calls or even stop in person to follow up. This helps keep you in mind at places you've applied when they do decide to pull the trigger and hire someone. You'll be working soon enough, I've got faith in ya.

On the machinery, don't forget those things take power, sometimes lots of it. Make sure you have enough service down there for whatever it is you want to run, plus whatever else might be running at the same time (lights, air compressor, etc), or even a cheap piece of machinery gets expensive when you have to upgrade your power supply. 3 phase machinery will need 3 phase power, or an inverter. Just something to be aware of.

I've got some 3 phase motors here that could be turned into rotary phase converters, and there is a electric motor shop nearby that would probably be happy to do some trading with a little green and let me walk home with a single phase of the right size.

I'm staying with something of reasonable size... obviously anything over 7.5 hp is pretty much out of the question, unless the deal is so good it'd be stupid not to commit to it, due to possible trading opportunities.

I figure the wiring will cost the most... tooling, I found a couple of deals where they give you all the tooling with it. Those are the ones I want to chase... but the war depts. are against it.

IIRC, we have 100 amp service here. If that isn't what it is, it's still pretty good... it'll run the welder, lights, and air compressor. It's fun welding and/or running the compressor, the lights do flicker a little.

Hi all... good to check in. Seems I missed a fair bit and have some catching up to do...

Hey Kyle! Good to see you back!

Hey Charles! Nice new avatar! Probably would be more appropriate if he were pointing it at his head .... but wait, that'd be an improvement! :hmm3grin2orange:

The IH will be back when I can quit laughing at it...

bp-1

OK guys this is my new project.:msp_biggrin:
attachment.php

I just got this from another AS member.
attachment.php

As you can see I have a long way to go,
attachment.php

but I think it will be a lot of fun.:msp_sad:
attachment.php

These photos show all the parts I am missing and will be asking for help with.
attachment.php

So, If anyone has any BP-1 parts they are willing to part with I would love to hear from you.:msp_rolleyes:

Thanks

ODW

attachment.php

I just got this from another AS member.
attachment.php

As you can see I have a long way to go,
attachment.php

but I think it will be a lot of fun.:msp_sad:
attachment.php

attachment.php

So, If anyone has any BP-1 parts they are willing to part with I would love to hear from you.:msp_rolleyes:

Thanks

ODW

Well if you ever get sick of waiting on parts give me a yell i'd be interested in getting what you have from you ..... McBob

I bought a MAC 10-10 last week (my first by the way). Looks like a low hour saw, get it home and swish the gas tank out with some fresh mix, refuel and try to start --
notice that gas comes running out from the area where the carb is. Apparently the gas line is hard and it's running out where there should be a nice grommet (maybe?).
Would like to make this a runner. Since I'm ignorant -- were these electronic ignition or points saws. (Ok guys don't hack my head of right off the bat...wait till six or
seven answers come it.) Thanks for your help.

I bought a MAC 10-10 last week (my first by the way). Looks like a low hour saw, get it home and swish the gas tank out with some fresh mix, refuel and try to start --
notice that gas comes running out from the area where the carb is. Apparently the gas line is hard and it's running out where there should be a nice grommet (maybe?).
Would like to make this a runner. Since I'm ignorant -- were these electronic ignition or points saws. (Ok guys don't hack my head of right off the bat...wait till six or
seven answers come it.) Thanks for your help.

These saws use a molded fuel line. NOS and new aftermarket lines are available. These saws had points type ignitions for the first 10 years or so, and then solid state ignitions. Post up some pics. Also look for the model/serial # tag in the carb box and post what you find.

You need a 10-10 specific fuel line. No grommet needed for that.

As for the leak, it could be the fuel tank seal. You'll notice that the tank is two pieces. It has a cork gasket. You can replace the gasket, or reseal it with something like a fuel resistant gasket maker, or you can use 3M double sided tape on top of the cork gasket and then trim the excess. There is a member here with a saw that was sealed with 3M tape several years ago.

If that saw is a regular 10-10, it is a points ignition. If its a pro mac 10-10 or 10-10s then it could be a electronic ignition.

You need a 10-10 specific fuel line. No grommet needed for that.

As for the leak, it could be the fuel tank seal. You'll notice that the tank is two pieces. It has a cork gasket. You can replace the gasket, or reseal it with something like a fuel resistant gasket maker, or you can use 3M double sided tape on top of the cork gasket and then trim the excess. There is a member here with a saw that was sealed with 3M tape several years ago.

If that saw is a regular 10-10, it is a points ignition. If its a pro mac 10-10 or 10-10s then it could be a electronic ignition.

... and that tape is still holding up just fine! :msp_thumbsup:

Thanks

ODW

Same here.... when your ready to sell in a couple years, let me know, I have one that could use a parts saw and much closer to running than that one.

Bent reeds were the culprit

Man you guys have too many saws in your collection... :msp_scared: I know how the addiction can get ahold of you so I understand. When I was collecting antique glass from the 1800's I had over 800 jars/bottles in my collection at one time and thought that was a lot. I had some friends with thousands of jars in their collection so I know how this disease can take hold of you and you keep buying another and another and another... Anyway this post is about an old 200 saw I have had for awhile. I never messed with it much as it never ran right. Hard to start and when it did start it would run but it always was rough and gas would come out of the mouth if it frequently. I took the carb off thinking it may need an adjustment on the fuel lever but it was good. So I put it away for a rainy day and it has been sitting for awhile now.

I got around to it the other day and said I am going to figure out what the deal is with this saw. Actually decided to disassemble it and use it as a parts saw. I was thinking since the carb was ok the only other thing it really could be are the reeds. So when I got to the piece with the reeds attached and turned it around to get a look at them I saw my problem. I have messed around with a lot of two strokes over the years with motorcycles, outboard motors and now tinkering with chainsaws. Anyway I have never seen this before as I really never had any major problems out of any engine all these years besides a carburetor or fuel pump issue. So from the attached photo you can see the one reed is bent quite a bit. Makes me wonder how this happened. Maybe a weak piece of metal from the get go who knows. Only thing going down that throat is fuel so isn't like a rock or anything else would get in there. So now I know why it wasn't running right. Makes sense as to why it had fuel coming back through the carb now...

Bentreed_zpsd5896e48.jpg

Thanks again Mark H.

I would "once again" like to thank Mark Heimann.:rock:

While some here were trying to come up with a way to get my new found treasure way from me:msp_sneaky:, Mark :cool2: was sending me the manuals and information I will need to put my BP-1 together.;)

A big thanks to Mark H. for trying to help out a fellow AS member.

And to the rest of you guys.:buttkick: LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ODW

Arriving this week while I was away, Electric Mac. 12" bar with the auto sharp chain and sharpener in working order. I had to mess with the oiler a bit to get it going but now it is in good working order. I thought it only fitting to have one 120 volt electric saw in the collection and now I can scratch that one off the list.

I spent a little time this morning putting the starter in order on the Entwistle 700, I wanted to fuel it up and start up but somehow didn't get it done today.

I will be on the road all week next week, then leaving for Thailand & Vietnam next Saturday so won't be much saw work gettng done until February.

Oh well, we do what we have to do...

Mark

Latest posts

Back