McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you end up with the 895 (and that CHERRY SP-81E) that were in that little museum? The 895 I'm thinking of is the one being ran by that old feller in one of the pics you posted. What's really cool about that one is that you can see a distinctive paint wear pattern on the cylinder shroud in the pic where the old gentleman is running it...................and that same pattern can be seen in the present day pic that you shot.
it's still up there. it will come down this spring with all the others that are there. that is a nice shop he has , a lot of history . and a lot of wesco boot co history since he's family to the co.

it's still up there. it will come down this spring with all the others that are there. that is a nice shop he has , a lot of history . and a lot of wesco boot co history since he's family to the co.

Cool! Here's your thread with the pics. One of my favorite AS threads.

http://www.arboristsite.com/forestry-logging-forum/198987.htm

attachment.php

This is the 895 with the distinctive paint pattern on the shroud. Fraser would you mind posting up the pic of this saw being used?

attachment.php

Fantastic SP-81E.

attachment.php

Wesco boots.

Last edited:
That's it Fraser! I love that pic. The scuffs on the AF cover and tank cover even match up. You MUST put a print of it next to that 895 when you set up the museum.:clap:

That's it Fraser! I love that pic. The scuffs on the AF cover and tank cover even match up. You MUST put a print of it next to that 895 when you set up the museum.:clap:
attachment.php
it will. and this pic of the log and truck. and we have the truck also .
attachment.php

Is that truck in the Antique Powerland truck museum? I think I remember seeing it there.
yes, fred has it there till the main building is done. then it will go there. you can eat off of that thing. it's cool that it is still around and functional,. with everything we have we try to put the people and story with it. saws or anything. thats what it's all about.:msp_smile:

Aaron, air horns - pretty cool idea if they work as they are louder than a whistle. We have kicked around having a safety officer at the woodlot with 6 or more splitters going, chainsaws screaming, and a skid steer and trucks with trailers coming and going - but we have yet to find a volunteer to take the job. I think I'll mention getting an air horn or two anyway. Too bad you don't live closer - I wouldn't need an assistant - I could be yours. :msp_smile: Ron

Aaron, air horns - pretty cool idea if they work as they are louder than a whistle. We have kicked around having a safety officer at the woodlot with 6 or more splitters going, chainsaws screaming, and a skid steer and trucks with trailers coming and going - but we have yet to find a volunteer to take the job. I think I'll mention getting an air horn or two anyway. Too bad you don't live closer - I wouldn't need an assistant - I could be yours. :msp_smile: Ron

I'm not so sure it's a good idea to be in such a close proximity to a bear... :D

Pm370gx

I hope some of you got in on this eBay good deal. I bought one 100' roll under $200 to my door. 40 presets and three stacks of kickback warning booklets. He had more but apparently all the 3/8ths is gone now. I am looking forward to put this to use although I am a Stihl chain fan. Ron

attachment.php
View attachment 273279

Bears aren't much of a problem, big cats on the other hand, are.

I'm about half way along getting the shop together, need to get things that don't belong there, out.

I hope some of you got in on this eBay good deal. I bought one 100' roll under $200 to my door. 40 presets and three stacks of kickback warning booklets. He had more but apparently all the 3/8ths is gone now. I am looking forward to put this to use although I am a Stihl chain fan. Ron

The ad was pulled with three remaining rolls. Can you send me a link to the closed auction?

Bears aren't much of a problem, big cats on the other hand, are.

I'm about half way along getting the shop together, need to get things that don't belong there, out.

Sounds like you need a cat. Ron

The ad was pulled with three remaining rolls. Can you send me a link to the closed auction?

PM sent. Ron

Interesting Roller Nose Bar

I got this new bar today, well new to me anyway and I find it to be interesting and am not sure what it really is. It has a 24" cut and also came with a loop of nice 1/2" chain on it with a lot of life left in it. Anyway you can see it is a roller nose which I am always looking for but don't seem to come up too often when I'm looking for one. Anyway you can see on the bar it is a genuine McCulloch bar with SOLID WELDED TIP. All of my other hard nose bars just have WELDED TIP on them but you can see this bar has a roller on the end of it. And it also is a McCulloch Roller Mac nose. Now did someone change this over to a Roller nose bar or are these McCulloch roller nose bars made this way? This is the first Roller Mac I have seen whether original or added on. Anyway it is in great shape and has nice channels on each side of the bar plus good bearings n the roller so it will come in handy. It always amazes me how much crud is in a bar that I end up getting. The first thing I do when I get another saw or bar is clean out the bar and they most ALWAYS have CRUD packed in them. I always take my bars off and clean them out and make sure the oil hole is clear and the bar is clean myself but most ones I buy are always clogged up. I don't know maybe a lot of guys don't think about it but I always clean oil and grease my saws/bars. Anyway check it out... Is it original or added on sometime down the road?

McCullochBar_zps2daf4123.jpg

RollerMac_zps2259d17b.jpg

McCullochLogo_zpsee285ab0.jpg

Nick, that's a NICE bar you have.

It has been widely suspected and speculated that unconventional operations were at times SOP at McCulloch in LA.

That machining on the end is way too precise to have been done by a hobbyist machinist, IMHO.

I'm thinking it left the factory that way.

Nick, that's a NICE bar you have.

It has been widely suspected and speculated that unconventional operations were at times SOP at McCulloch in LA.

That machining on the end is way too precise to have been done by a hobbyist machinist, IMHO.

I'm thinking it left the factory that way.

That's what I was thinking as it looks too good. I wish it were cleaner but it is very legible as is and not too bad. I bought a saw for the bar because of being a roller nose and then seen what it had on it after I took it out of the box and was surprised. I been looking for older McCulloch bars and especially roller nose bars and just got lucky.

had a bar that will go nicely with the 795. and a nos starter cover that i picked up at the little gtg on sat . Aaron asked to check the #'s on it, 63629- 2526. the funny thing about these yellow saws is i dug out another pwr head that looks the same as this saw but has no #'s on it at all.?
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back