McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second on the Mac.

I have the one that Roland sent me, plus two that came in the big box of saws from Washington, all are runners and I have some parts coming to fix up the mounts on one in need of a little TLC.

At some point I may have to sell one to make room for something I don't have yet.

The Stihl is pretty nice too, but that belongs in another thread...

Mark

Partner made the P100, sold it to J-red and mcculloch to help them fill a void.

UPDATE: got a GREAT parts saw from a fellow AS member up North. I have a runner here, folks. Pics and thread to follow as soon as I resolve some computer issues. That's right -- I already have pics but the computer is borked. Gotta say, I trust 2-stroke engines way more than I do Dual-Core Processors and Dual-Channel Memory these days.

Second on the Mac.

LOL, I didn't expect anything else from Mac heads...:hmm3grin2orange:

I have the one that Roland sent me, plus two that came in the big box of saws from Washington, all are runners and I have some parts coming to fix up the mounts on one in need of a little TLC.

At some point I may have to sell one to make room for something I don't have yet.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Three SP105 is indeed a bit overkill for the collection maybe...I trust you won't have trouble finding a new owner for one of them. sure are nice saws.

speaking of 105's

finally picked up my new 940 the other day.

I believe this has the same motor as the sp105 and also my mcculloch welder
that looks just like it.

I had a real nice 940 before but sent it to McCliff.

This one I am going to keep and get it running someday.

I tradded this 1225 for the 940. The 940 runs 1/2 pitch and also has a very rare helper
that fits this type bar.

CIMG1057.jpg

Anyone who is interested I found this bow bar on ebay for Mac.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330433790674&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

While restoring the Super 250 I have become obsessed with Mcculloch saws!!! And my holy grail has become a SP125. I have absolutely no use for a saw this big, I have one orange tree all of 6in. thick in the back yard and a maple tree in the front yard maybe 3in. thick. None the less I have to have one. And on ebay (witch in Sarasota Fl. is my only real access to buying chainsaws next to here)
they sell routinely for 500+. However I have found one parts saw that the motor, is froze and missing the starter assembly, and another that is everything but the piston, cylinder, and crank with the handle bar having a small crack but not all the way through. Provided that neither of them were to go for crazy money, witch would be a better project???

While restoring the Super 250 I have become obsessed with Mcculloch saws!!! And my holy grail has become a SP125. I have absolutely no use for a saw this big, I have one orange tree all of 6in. thick in the back yard and a maple tree in the front yard maybe 3in. thick. None the less I have to have one. And on ebay (witch in Sarasota Fl. is my only real access to buying chainsaws next to here)
they sell routinely for 500+. However I have found one parts saw that the motor, is froze and missing the starter assembly, and another that is everything but the piston, cylinder, and crank with the handle bar having a small crack but not all the way through. Provided that neither of them were to go for crazy money, witch would be a better project???

Welcome to the extreme yellow CAD! It happens to the best of us. I have absolutely no need for all the yellow I am collecting also. I do enjoy running them......

Welcome to the extreme yellow CAD! It happens to the best of us. I have absolutely no need for all the yellow I am collecting also. I do enjoy running them......

I guess its hereditary, the first chainsaw I can remember was my dads witch was a Promac of some sort dont remember the model. But at 4 or 5 years old it seemed huge.

If you don't have the wood, I do and could use that bad boy.
Unfortunately my dad sold that long ago. Fortunately the Super 250 didnt run so he didnt sell that. The only wood I can cut is at my fathers house and eventually he will run out of trees to cut down and I will have to find another source. But none of the tree he wants cut down needs a Super Pro 125 but maybe one......I still want one though.

I guess its hereditary, the first chainsaw I can remember was my dads witch was a Promac of some sort dont remember the model. But at 4 or 5 years old it seemed huge.

Ditto. Dad still has that Pro Mac 55, runs great. When I was a kid, I thought it a monster, too. How little did I know...

Now 25 years later Im looking for a SP 125 with a roller nose bar. Im drawn to it like insects to light. Just got to find that right project saw.

QUOTE=Brian13;2234240]Now 25 years later Im looking for a SP 125 with a roller nose bar. Im drawn to it like insects to light. Just got to find that right project saw.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. When I walk out to the garage from the house, this is the view at eye level.

Back row l to r, 1-72, 795, 1-82 powerheads, front Super 797, cocked and locked...
attachment.php

New (to me) Super Pro 70

I had been looking for awhile for a 70cc Mac to go with my 10-10S and Pro Mac 55. I bought this clean Super Pro 70 recently for $100 (powerhead only). I cut with it for the 1st time yesterday and I was very pleased. One thing I did learn is that the decomp button must be used for starting (or else the starter would be beat to death in short order).

Mac gear drive find on CL

Just picked up this 1-60 gear drive from a guy on craigslist. He said he was selling it for an elderly man who took good care of it and didn't use it much. By the condition that sounds accurate. I measured 145 psi compression. It starts and runs good. He must have kept the chain sharp as well, I noodled a crotch I had laying around and it cut nice and straight. I'm pretty tickled about it, don't seem to find a lot of vintage saws around here. Of course, without pics it didn't happen, so here ya go.
160right.jpg

160left.jpg

160comp.jpg

160rear.jpg

160noodle.jpg

Back