McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne-

That's a good looker, but we need to get you a full-wrap handle for it. I might have one. I'm heading to Alaska on fire assignment for a month and I'll look when I get back...

Here is a pic of the muffler Cliff.
I hope it is good enough for you.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee

Muflg2001.jpg

Ok I see it real clear now. I don't have one but I found 3 new ones
for sale. I bought one for my 2-10, I will send you a PM

Wayne-

That's a good looker, but we need to get you a full-wrap handle for it. I might have one. I'm heading to Alaska on fire assignment for a month and I'll look when I get back...

Thanks JJ, but it might be better if I find a complete sp81 parts saw,this one is missing the complete chain brake assembly.

The Mac part I'm really after is a muffler for a "Pro 10-10 Auto" , this one is a good runner but it's so loud I'm afraid my neighbors might chuck bricks through my window if I run it :).
If you or any of the Mac guys want to sell me one I would be very grateful
sp81r.jpg

mufMedium.jpg

Ah, the G-String reed "muffler". The box type is only somewhat quieter.

I think the noise of a Mac is one of the main reasons people don't like them much in my country. Most folks over here don't live in the open like you fine people, and one doesn't like to disturb the entire neighbourhood too much.

Has anyone tried to install a quiter muffler on them ? and if so, what where the results powerwise ? :popcorn:

Belgian: I was going to ask what the heck you were doing up at this hour, and then I remembered that you are in, well, Belgium. I have been reading this thread forever it seems. I just sort of get caught up and then off it goes. I love the old mac's and got a SP125 over a year ago. After I had a chance to run Mark's at and Iowa GTG I had to have one. I love that saw, but I've had a urge to get either a 797 or a super 250 lately. Best to ya. JR

Hey Randy, you forgot to tell Lee that he has to serve drinks in the super 250 club from now on....and wear that louzy rookie shirt for a while :greenchainsaw:

Thank you Roland. How did I forget that. Did you return the hat?

Lee, you will need to tithe the masters with a case of Rye whiskey, I'll give you my address.

Belgian: I was going to ask what the heck you were doing up at this hour, and then I remembered that you are in, well, Belgium. I have been reading this thread forever it seems. I just sort of get caught up and then off it goes. I love the old mac's and got a SP125 over a year ago. After I had a chance to run Mark's at and Iowa GTG I had to have one. I love that saw, but I've had a urge to get either a 797 or a super 250 lately. Best to ya. JR

Hey JR, 't is my morning ritual checking in on AS, when I am in my home office. We are some 6 or 7 hours ahead of you lazy bums....errrr nice folks.

:cheers:

Heck Belgian, we figure that it's only fair to give you guys that much of a head start. I am going to bed now, it's 3 am here. Night. JR

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksfh5vfUpz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ksfh5vfUpz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2ZGg0LYSRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R2ZGg0LYSRI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
J- I have two pretty decent 10-10s I could send your way and possibly a larger Mac. I have a couple of the larger carcasses I need to ID and I'll let you know.

that would be great JJ those should scrach my itch for a while. i think it was really the 101B ported cart motor 70's race saw on the bay that got me in the yellow mood. i knew it would bring good money but coyld hardly believe what it ended at. i've watched the video on utube several times but was dissappointed he did not make a few cuts with it. i watch the vintage race saws on utube and that makes me want one or at least a hopped up mac of some sort. that mc 5 clone built from a 1-53 bkock on that 2 part video i was refering too a few pages back would be pretty nice. it had some nise port work and some other go fast goodies would be nice in a saw chassis and a 24" roller nose. at least i think so. also this engine had a stroker crank. can they still be found?
jnl

Max RPM for Super Pro 70?

I recently acquired a Super Pro 70 (see post #1780 of this thread). My Intertec manual says to "adjust high speed mixture screw to obtain optimum performance under cutting load". Alternatively, it would be nice to set the high speed screw with a tach. Would anyone know a good setting for unloaded WOT RPM? Thanks in advance.

1-82 drive sprocket

9/16 pitch drive sprocket came today from Discount Marine. Replacement part number shown.

attachment.php

Back in business tonight...

McCulloch PM 1000

All, good evening. I recently lucked into a McCulloch PM 1000. I think this is really a Partner P100. It's in fairly good shape cosmetically and the p&c look great, good spark too. I'm going to try and post pics for the first time, so if I'm unsuccessful, I'll try again. Bear with me. I've found a NOS air filter and am ordering a carb kit shortly. Hopefully the pics will show the handle. I believe she had a full wrap originally and that it was modified. I also bought one of these to replace the modified one off the 'Bay. We'll see. My question is regarding carb settings and so on. She's a Tilly HS. What should the setting be? How do I tell if it needs a new brass vent for the fuel tank hose? Did this model have a chainbrake? It looks to have the castings for one, but it does not look like it ever did. It's 100 cc's, correct? This is the third McCulloch I've worked on: my Grandfather's small saw, a 250, and now this one. Thanks for any and all help and have a great weekend. Best, Max.

All, good evening. I recently lucked into a McCulloch PM 1000. I think this is really a Partner P100. It's in fairly good shape cosmetically and the p&c look great, good spark too. I'm going to try and post pics for the first time, so if I'm unsuccessful, I'll try again. Bear with me. I've found a NOS air filter and am ordering a carb kit shortly. Hopefully the pics will show the handle. I believe she had a full wrap originally and that it was modified. I also bought one of these to replace the modified one off the 'Bay. We'll see. My question is regarding carb settings and so on. She's a Tilly HS. What should the setting be? How do I tell if it needs a new brass vent for the fuel tank hose? Did this model have a chainbrake? It looks to have the castings for one, but it does not look like it ever did. It's 100 cc's, correct? This is the third McCulloch I've worked on: my Grandfather's small saw, a 250, and now this one. Thanks for any and all help and have a great weekend. Best, Max.

I would set carb screws at 1 1/4 out from lightly seated.
The brass vent i would leave alone till you get it running
and if it runs good then it is probably ok.
I believe all the PM1000's came with the chain brake.
The early P100's may not have.

Lee

Back