McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, those 2 and a 360 would look great together.

We can do that.
DSC00414.jpg

I didn't mean to start a Homelite thread in the middle of the McCulloch thread. I was just demonstrating that it was easy to upload pics once you do it a couple of times and randomly pulled down a pic without thinking. I should have pulled down a Mac pic since I'm here...
attachment.php

Chris brought a newly aquired 7-10 over today and he got it up and running in no time.

He needed a bar for it and I thought a Oregon K041 mount was close to the original D276 as the tail was close to the same size and they both oiled through the adjuster holes.

I was right and the K041 bar needed just a little slotting of the adjuster holes and it fit and worked perfect, so just thought you guys would like to know of another type of bar you could use on the mid sized macs.

This bar will also lend a bit of class to your McCullochs.

attachment.php

Fine by me. ELux didn't jack up Poulan, they were already in trouble, hence it was such an attractive purchase.

Notice how the Husky devotee cross-polinated with the hard-core Mac collector to rationalize that?

Good Junk..?

Trip was worth the time, I now am the proud owner of what i believe is a mcculloch 755 with a helper handle.she didn't have any loose parts yet sitting there in the corner of a storage room in her basement was a very nice looking large yellow "post hole digger" looking thing,as she put it.. well after a closer look in poor light.. i found these numbers on the tag...:msp_lol: 755 13818. looks like i will be going back tomorrow because it wouldn't fit in the back of my liberty.

Trip was worth the time, I now am the proud owner of what i believe is a mcculloch 755 with a helper handle.she didn't have any loose parts yet sitting there in the corner of a storage room in her basement was a very nice looking large yellow "post hole digger" looking thing,as she put it.. well after a closer look in poor light.. i found these numbers on the tag...:msp_lol: 755 13818. looks like i will be going back tomorrow because it wouldn't fit in the back of my liberty.

Hey hammerboy, if all else fails, email me the pics and I'll post 'em for you. PM me for my email address.
Jim

I dug out a CP55 out of the saw pile, worth messing with? I spied several parts I think I could use to help with my promac 805 puzzle in it. (not much luck finding the extra parts at the friends house.)
still need a coil, muffler,clutch,rings and starter for the 805.

The CP55 is all there and has decent compression.

Chris brought a newly aquired 7-10 over today and he got it up and running in no time.

He needed a bar for it and I thought a Oregon K041 mount was close to the original D276 as the tail was close to the same size and they both oiled through the adjuster holes.

I was right and the K041 bar needed just a little slotting of the adjuster holes and it fit and worked perfect, so just thought you guys would like to know of another type of bar you could use on the mid sized macs.

This bar will also lend a bit of class to your McCullochs.
attachment.php

Now wait a minute.:msp_lol:

Actually, the other day I put a new 20" Oregon blister pack b&c intended for my 10-10S on a Poulan 361. Only a temporary measure you understand.:msp_blink:

Now you fellows see what I mean about adventures in bar hunting? Lots of bars can be made to work on saws they weren't originally intended for with little creativity.

gloud - I have a CP55 and really like it. It does have decent anti-vibration and is powerful enough to be lots of fun. I have a CP70 as well but it has a few too many miles on it to be really strong any more.

Mark

Why won't it fire

I picked up a 10-10s a few weeks ago and it ran when I bought it.I installed a muffler gasket and got a new clutch cover with the chainbreak,didn'do anything else but now it won't run.It's got good spark but won't even run with a prime,any ideas? :bang:

The 1-45 came Friday, I found time to mess with it today. The Mac carb will need going through, but I had a Tilly that here so on it went. A little prime and she fired and runs good. There is a leak in the fuel tank somewhere that will have to be fixed, but overall a good saw. Will take pics when I get new batteries for the camera.:hmm3grin2orange:

I was on my way to fill-up the Ranchero, when I ran across a friend of mine.
Its a good thing I had my gas card.

shop001-2.jpg

His PM800 wouldn't start, had no compression so we checked it out. He thought it needed a piston, it was a stuck open decomp. I fixed it and gave up my gas money for the 850 and a box with most of two PM81s and a 610 hulk.
I also got a line on some big inch yellow saws, with chromed covers.

Are you wussin' out?

shop001-2.jpg

His PM800 wouldn't start, had no compression so we checked it out. He thought it needed a piston, it was a stuck open decomp. I fixed it and gave up my gas money for the 850 and a box with most of two PM81s and a 610 hulk.

Only 5 cubes? I thought you would be running the other way! :clap:

Great score Randy! Pays to be at the right place at the right time............with the available fundage.:D

You can bet I'll be watching this one closely. You had me at PM81's and big inch yellows saws with chromed covers....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Latest posts

Back