McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a recoil cover I fixed up for my SP81. I polished the center and painted the rest black and then clearcoated it to keep the polished area from corroding.

That looks really good!!! Better than factory

Gentlemen and Aaron, oh and that kid

The time has come, the shelves are full, too many projects.
Time to do some clearing out.
Time for another PBR.

You never have to many projects, just not enough time and money.

This is a recoil cover I fixed up for my SP81. I polished the center and painted the rest black and then clearcoated it to keep the polished area from corroding.

Lookin' good Stinkbait!!!:cheers:

Time for another PBR.

And now the stampede of "dibs", PM's...........and the roar of an old diesel Ford headed up to CC shall begin. Have I told you that I like big old McCullochs???:D

Last edited:

IMG_20110306_212938.jpg

IMG_20110306_213622.jpg

Looks awesome!
Im gonna try that to my PM 4300

Time for another PBR.

Yup, my belly and benches are full, too.

Liquidations may be imminent, further bulletins as events warrant.

No PMs, I speak BTHP...

No PMs, I speak BTHP...

Yep. I've started selling, trading, and giving away saws, parts, and projects lately. More will go soon. Cutting loose what doesn't 'fit' my collection. Trying to recoup some badly needed space, and gather a little parts $$$. Sold the 031AV that I've had for 24 years! That means the only creamsicle left in the stable is your favorite model Charles! Did you get what I sent you yesterday?

Oh.....................and what's "BTHP"???

Last edited:

No PMs, I speak BTHP...

Breakfast today was beer and pizza. The transition to being a daylight person is fun.

No big inch saws on the to go list, 80cc or smaller.
Maybe that PM800, don't know yet, it's a bit too new for me.
The owner is a Fed, about to be a laid-off Fed, I'm buying it so he can stay fed.

Breakfast today was beer and pizza. The transition to being a daylight person is fun.

The owner is a Fed, about to be a laid-off Fed, I'm buying it so he can stay fed.

250 clutch cover, lower rear handle, felling spike, and a old 24" hard nose 63 gauge bar. PM me

Man times are tough Randy. It's good that you're able to help him. I'm sure you'll be able to 'flip' that PM800 if you don't want to keep it without much trouble here.

I'll be the first to dib the best 70cc 10 Series you got...:msp_love:

Yeah, there's a hole in my stable for one of 'em as well. Same for an SP81. I believe somebody just got a couple of 'box case' SP81's.....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

You might just grow to like that PM800 to keep the bushes trimmed. I am expecting another one to arrive tomorrow. Ron

tight piston

You don't somehow have a tapered cylinder that is contributing to the bind? If the piston moves freely w/o the rings, the rings must have something to do withthe bind, but it coud be how they fit in the cyl.

Yeah that would be the guides.

How could they be hard to get on? I thought you just have to line up the holes and slide it on, then put the bar on, followed by the outside guide piece. I never heard of it being hard to put guides on, pics would show me why it would be so.

Last edited:
You don't somehow have a tapered cylinder that is contributing to the bind? If the piston moves freely w/o the rings, the rings must have something to do withthe bind, but it coud be how they fit in the cyl.

I am quite sure the cylinder isn't tapered, as the piston moved freely w/out the rings. Do the rings have to be installed a certain way? I did not see any markings dictating a top side of the ring. I guess I will look and see if there happens to be some more crap in the grooves, though I doubt there is. The rings fit perfectly on the piston, the ends are equally spaced from the locating pins.

Back