McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I've seen at least 1 "B" without one this site (reputable member). I thought the "A" wasn't recessed...did they just say f-it at some stage in production?

Very hard to know what's going on with these blocks, some recessed that aren't supposed to be, others supposed to be that aren't.

I guess either way it's a hot rod block if it's a kart block right?

Thanks to all for the replies!

Andy

I missed that. Got a link? I'm curious.

I missed that. Got a link? I'm curious.

It's the blsnelling build 125C/101B thread...on the first page he has two saws, one for him.

Scroll down and you'll see "his" block w/low compression. The ex has been hogged out...I don't think enough to remove that recess.

Could it have been "machined" out?

Lee's build looked similar as well if I remember right...could be mistaken.

Thanks!

I think we'll get some more pics of yellow stuff soon....:msp_w00t:

BTW, I just bought a SP60 in good runnin' order.

My SP60 has been repainted, looks like it was dipped in a bucket of the wrong color yello paint, but it does run nicely.

attachment.php

I am so embarrased by the appearance, I only have it exposed in one photo...

Mark

I need a New Chain .404 for McCulloch 250 fresh rebuild

Hey guys should I order a full chisel or skip tooth, or something else for Oregon Oak and Fir trees?

I thought I would get your opinions before I talk to a "salesman"...

Hey guys should I order a full chisel or skip tooth, or something else for Oregon Oak and Fir trees?

I thought I would get your opinions before I talk to a "salesman"...

"Full chisel" doesn't have anything to do with the tooth sequence ('full comp', 'semi-skip', or 'full skip'). Two separate things. "Full chisel" is also just called "chisel", and has to do with the cutter type. What length bar are you going to run? On that 250, I'd suggest full comp chain in either chisel or semi-chisel.

It's the blsnelling build 125C/101B thread...on the first page he has two saws, one for him.

Scroll down and you'll see "his" block w/low compression. The ex has been hogged out...I don't think enough to remove that recess.

Could it have been "machined" out?

Lee's build looked similar as well if I remember right...could be mistaken.

Thanks!

Ah, I see it. Hadn't noticed before. That one looks to have been cast that way.

Hey Eccentric, changed the crank seals on a mini today and it went from running erratic with the choke closed to starting up then dieing like its not getting fuel. I got both the H and L backed out 1 full turn(which is where i start on any saw) but it dont want to start and keep running. Been through the carb with a new rebuild kit, its got a chip no more points. Think i should open the screws up more? Its dark now so im done with it for the night. I opened up the auto oiler and the seal on that "looked" good but im sure its original. I think the carb is ****** with me:dizzy:

mark. will 73 stuff work? this is what i can part with.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
sorry it's dirty, but it was in the saws that i had not got to yet.

Hey Eccentric, changed the crank seals on a mini today and it went from running erratic with the choke closed to starting up then dieing like its not getting fuel. I got both the H and L backed out 1 full turn(which is where i start on any saw) but it dont want to start and keep running. Been through the carb with a new rebuild kit, its got a chip no more points. Think i should open the screws up more? Its dark now so im done with it for the night. I opened up the auto oiler and the seal on that "looked" good but im sure its original. I think the carb is ****** with me:dizzy:

You may have a problem like I did one time. I had a MM that did what your describing and I had swapped carbs, seals, etc. finally in a last attempt, I swapped the coil even though it had spark and the saw ran great. I can't remember if it had points, module, electronic coil.

You may have a problem like I did one time. I had a MM that did what your describing and I had swapped carbs, seals, etc. finally in a last attempt, I swapped the coil even though it had spark and the saw ran great. I can't remember if it had points, module, electronic coil.

Yeah i dont know, ill hit the trigger to try and get it to rev and it just dies. Its got great spark with the module, nice blue arc.(shocked myself too with it:bang:). Might have to try a zama carb next. The walbros are cheaper to rebuild but everyone i come in contact with is corroded and pitted like crazy. Typical mini bs:laugh:

I have an original 101 with removeable boost port cover and bridged exhaust port, a 101A, An AA and what I thought was a B but turns out it is an MC and they all have the recess.

I missread the post, I was talking about recessed head gasket not exhaust, I'll go sit in the corner with a pointy hat for a while.

If I recall correctly, I have a 2-10 that is a runner, and a Super 2-10 that will never run in the attic.

Mark

Do you want a Super 2-10 that'll run with a fuel system rehab (carb is an SDC) and possibly a little tinkering with the DSP valve? It's in good shape and even has the correct spike set. Got it cheap with a lowball 'impulse bid' on feebay a while ago. I still owe you something yeller and black...

mark. will 73 stuff work? this is what i can part with.
attachment.php

sorry it's dirty, but it was in the saws that i had not got to yet.

I'll bet Mark would like to have that H&S spike set. Looks like it's old, tired, and grumpy............and is about to crush that creamsicle clutch cover.:D

Yeah i dont know, ill hit the trigger to try and get it to rev and it just dies. Its got great spark with the module, nice blue arc.(shocked myself too with it:bang:). Might have to try a zama carb next. The walbros are cheaper to rebuild but everyone i come in contact with is corroded and pitted like crazy. Typical mini bs:laugh:

What condition is the fuel filter? Those tank filters can get gummed up and not pass fuel for beans. Open up the screws to 1-1/4 turn out. Waive a dead cat over it while wearing your underwear (clean) on your head. Speak in tongues while whipping yourself with a used mini-mac starter rope. That oughta do it. Oh yeah.......................shoot a video of the process and post it here.:D

Latest posts

Back