McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett - there are a number of replies in your original thread, not sure of the Sachs Dolmar model for the 43 cc variety but your saw is in fact an SD and not actually a McCulloch made saw. None the less, it is a pretty desirable saw, you should be able to find any parts you need and have a decent saw out of it when you are done.

Mark

Last edited:
Anybody from here get the SP-80/81 for $50.69? It was listed as a CP-70. Mark H. and probably others, noticed the exhaust bolt pattern. Quite a cob job of parts on that one.

Brett - there are a number of replies in your original thread, not sure of the Sachs Dolmar model for the 43 cc variety but your saw is in fact an SD and not actually a McCulloch made saw. None the less, it is a pretty desirable saw, you should be able to find any parts you need and have a decent saw out of it when you are done.

Mark

After waking up and getting some caffeine in me, I believe, based on the 110 in the SN, and Acres description, that he's got a rebadged 110. Model Profile: 110 It shows 3 series, 110 110I and 110IH. Not sure which one would cross to the McC, but there are sure to be some Dolly guys that can answer.

I'm going to repost this in the original thread as well.

McCulloch was always trying things, some worked and some not so much.

All of the early -10 saws (1-10, 2-10, etc.) had the wires tucked under the shroud, all of the saws from the 7-10 and later had the wire outside except for some of the SP80 model saws, I have two SP80's, on innie and one outie... 10-10's were pretty evenly divided, earlier saws were under the shroud, later ones outside the shroud.

I can see good reasons both ways, the wires were better protected under the shroud, not likely to get chaffed where they pass through the shroud, but putting the wire underneath did risk the insulation being damaged from contact with the cylinder fins. Certainly it is easier to pull the wire on those models with the wire on the outside.

It seems that outside the shroud finally won out, all of the later Pro Mac models had the wire outside the shroud.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Odd Handle?

I was looking through pictures of saws and found a few with an odd handle setup ( to me anyway ) I haven't seen any of the large frame Mac saw with a half wrap handle. What's the deal with these? I only seem to see them on say 790 and 795 saws so far. I recently got one of these handles myself and didn't know it was going to be like this. I was ordering a regular full wrap and got this newer number instead. Thing is I don't have the bracket that goes on the right side to mount it to the saw. Does anyone have any of these brackets in their stash they want to come off of? I could use a few of them. Is this a short run of a half wrap handle or what? I just haven't seen but a few of these and wonder about their use. I found this pic on the web so not my saw. And another thing I wonder about is attaching at the oil tank. Is there a special piece that connects it across the entire tank or does it just go into the one slot without anything on the other side. You know how there is a divider in the middle and half of the bar fits on one side and the other half fits the other. Does this bar just go on one half of the tank or is there a special adapter or something?

View attachment 302216

I'd say first of all the wrong clutch cover is fitted and although they fit are the wrong one it uses a similier version that the SP125 Uses and although it allows easy access to the bar and chain it's a bugger of a saw for falling or rolling on its side ......................

Nikolas,

The handle fits the 795L and the PM105, with the correct hardware...the only large frames that came with a 1/2 wrap to my knowledge.

-Andy

Last edited:
Nikolas,

The handle fits the 795L and the SP105, with the correct hardware...the only large frames that came with a 1/2 wrap to my knowledge.

-Andy

Well yes and no ... If you look at an IPL for the SP105 it has a half wrap but it is different than this handle. I just bought one of the handles that is pictured on the 790 and it is different than the SP105 handle. Where it ends on the right where the bracket attaches it is a different design with a different bracket and where it attaches to the oil tank there is one hole on my handle and two mounting holes on the SP105 handle. They don't show the proper bracket for my handle on the SP105 IPL. They don't show the handle in the 790 or 795L IPL either. I e-mailed a fellow with a 790 and he said it came with the half wrap new. I looked at an IPL for that saw and don't see the handle. I have looked at most all IPL's for the 700 series saws and don't see this handle anywhere. I really need to find a bracket or a junk saw with this handle on it. I want to instal it on a saw I have but don't have the bracket to attach it to the saw. Oh well I'll keep looking...

Nick

Latest posts

Back