McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProMac 1000 Hotsaw.

Any of the Promac experts close to Ohio to lay eyes on my Pro Mac Hotsaw to see why the Clutch keeps locking up?

My brother wanted his picture posted too.

Posing the mini like he cut this tree

a5ysydu3.jpg

Here he's showing us the next victim of the mini Mac. This tree is 74" on the same property. It's dead and someone had already cut the top out if it but couldn't take the trunk. I don't think they'll let us cut this one. It would take a while with my 38" bar.

ytydysy2.jpg

Joey

I'm supprised you would let your brother use a saw like that without safety gear.:laugh:

attachment.php

My AVATAR

ODW

View attachment 315257

Thanks guys, I do get the shop quite dirty when I am working there every day but like to clean it up when I know I won't be in there for a while.

Grizzly G1006 list around $1300, I did get a few accessories with it but my primary objective was a more precise drill press. I did repalce the Grizzly chuck with a Jacobs 16N already but it took a different arbor so I have the smaller chuck ready to go as well.

I did run my CP55 and SP81 a couple of weeks ago, sweeeet is all I can say. The CP70 didn't get finished in time for that job but will be ready for the next opportunity. The reed muffler is in fact pretty quiet, hopefully it will break down soon and sound more like real McCulloch.

Mark

Mac 15 Bow style

Had this for about 3 years.
I have been working on this for the last week. Had to get another tank.
I cleaned the carb and put in a new kit and got the oiler working again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Video

Been awhile

View attachment 315382View attachment 315383

It's been quite awhile since I've been on here. I figured I'd check in and see what was going on.

Mark- Sorry to here about Jeff. Glad he's on the mend. Nice mill/drill. I'm sure that will come in handy.

Here's a couple pics of my latest acquisitions.

Jeff

looks like a muffler salvaged rim drive drum?:msp_sneaky:

Yeah its half McCulloch and half clutch drum. It fit in there real good.
The old cover was blown out from use. I did not want the loud straight exhaust on it.
I had a big box of NOS clutch drums, so I looked through it until I found one that fit it.;)

The PM850 (that you generous folks here donated parts for) destined to go to you-know-who is finally almost done after several stops and starts. Engine's back together with new seals and rings. Most everything needed has come in. Thanks again gentlemen. Just chasing down some last few bits. Mostly the lower/front AV mount and the mounting hardware for it and the bottom handlebar brace/skid plate. Randy donated a very nice handlebar, fuel tank, and bottom skidplate/brace.

Aaron, could you be a little more specific with what you need so I can look for them? Maybe some part numbers. Thanks, Ron

Nice muffler mod Cliff, you just don't find creative solutions applied much these days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

A couple of old quotes come to mind when I look at these pictures.

"Poor folks have poor ways." and "Necessity is the mother of invention."

Either way, it looks like something that somebody from Illinois might have done.

So what I have running my 160s a timberbear and a 10-10 with a dead fuel line. Figured the 380 out it needs a needle seat. Still can't find a coil for the 310. Upside have a line on a few more mini macs for parts and a small promac and possibly a homelite xl one of the bigger xl's. Thankfully people still believe in the barter system.

Thanks Ron. That's very generous of you. It is the same. The PM850 (that you generous folks here donated parts for) destined to go to you-know-who is finally almost done after several stops and starts. Engine's back together with new seals and rings. Most everything needed has come in. Randy donated a very nice handlebar, fuel tank, and bottom skidplate/brace. Thanks again gentlemen.

Just chasing down some last few bits. I need the 85898 lower/front AV mount and the mounting hardware to attach that mount to the bottom handlebar brace/skid plate and crankcase. I also still need the 93037 shoulder screw that attaches the bottom skidplate/brace to the rear handle. May have one on the way.

Aaron, could you be a little more specific with what you need so I can look for them? Maybe some part numbers. Thanks, Ron

Sorry Ron. Edited my post in the quote above to try and make it a little clearer. Somebody is now sending the 85898 lower/front AV mount, so that's covered. I have a PM (with a more detailed list of what's still needed) ready to send to you, but your PM storage is full.

Back