McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently purchased a Pro Mac 1000 in pristine condition. The previous owner had purchased it new, ran it for 1 maybe 2 jobs and parked it on the shelf. It has an 18" bar on it now, I'm thinking it could handle something much larger!

I have not tried to start it yet, it should probably get a carb rebuild and new fuel lines. With the condition of this saw being so good, should I get it going and use it, or get it going and keep it on the shelf?

I rather like to use what I have, but don't want to diminish the saw's value if keeping it pristine is the best option. And really, I could put a large bar on it and only use it when I want to impress the ladies....

What says you McCulloch experts?

I recently purchased a Pro Mac 1000 in pristine condition. The previous owner had purchased it new, ran it for 1 maybe 2 jobs and parked it on the shelf. It has an 18" bar on it now, I'm thinking it could handle something much larger!

I have not tried to start it yet, it should probably get a carb rebuild and new fuel lines. With the condition of this saw being so good, should I get it going and use it, or get it going and keep it on the shelf?

I rather like to use what I have, but don't want to diminish the saw's value if keeping it pristine is the best option. And really, I could put a large bar on it and only use it when I want to impress the ladies....

What says you McCulloch experts?

They are valuable. I sold one for $640 in rougher shape than you are describing. (Pictured below). It can handle a much larger bar. I ran mine with a 32". The reason for selling was the saw was slow and very heavy and not a true Mac. If I'm cutting 30" logs, my Pro Mac 850 was faster. The PM1000 is actually a saw I'd like to have back. I could use it for milling, the 18cc more displacement would help some compared to the DE80 I'm milling with now.

seduzy4y.jpg

Man that looks good with a 32" bar! I'll try to get some clean pics of mine tonight, then I'll need to figure out how to post them. I could probably flip it, but I don't know that I could sell a saw!

I know it isn't a "true" Mac... kind of interesting as it is a rebadged Partner, the P100, and there was also a rebadged Jonsered 1020, but as it says Pro Mac on it I thought I'd try this forum first!

Man that looks good with a 32" bar! I'll try to get some clean pics of mine tonight, then I'll need to figure out how to post them. I could probably flip it, but I don't know that I could sell a saw!

I know it isn't a "true" Mac... kind of interesting as it is a rebadged Partner, the P100, and there was also a rebadged Jonsered 1020, but as it says Pro Mac on it I thought I'd try this forum first!
I am guessing that that was the $45 special of the century from Minneapolis? I begged the guy to ship it. No dice. If it is, that saw is worth a small fortune. I've not seen a Mcculloch (Partner) in that kind of shape ever. It was brand new. Unbelievable deal for someone.

I've an r440 from 1976 and it is a solid 6 cuber from the era. I'd run that bad boy if I were you. Take care of it and move it later if needed.

Cory

So I know this isn't a crazy saw but added a Mac 140 auto sharpener to the collection the other day only thing wrong I have to figure out is the trigger feels like its stuck on full throttle but for $3 who cares !

Well its been quite a few months since I have been active on AS so i'll post some stuff of what I have been up too lately.

And this nice Super 2-10 auto came in the mail today. 135PSI compression. needs a reed muffler cover and a coil wire and the fuel system gone through and it should be a good reliable runner.

IMG_20140725_135244.jpg IMG_20140725_135254.jpg IMG_20140725_135304.jpg IMG_20140725_135429.jpg

When you bleed yellow, does it freak anyone out? ;). Nice collection! I have a 210 that may have the parts you need. Pm me if you're interested in anything.

CP 125 info?

I have a friend looking for a CP 125. I told him finding one in running order would be near impossible and quite pricey, but he's still interested. If you have a line on one in running or non-running order I would be interested in finding out more about it. He runs a saw shop and used to log with one. He says he's missed it ever since he got rid of it.

Shoot me a PM if you have anything that might fit the bill. TIA.

dd

Mac fans,
A few years ago I was not working and I became obsessed with McCullochs. Then back to work up in North Dakota up until now. I have bought a sailboat in Mexico and am heading out. I would like to see someone take all these saws off my hands, 895 runs, super 250 runs, 7-10 runs, 250 and a 1-43 cleaned up and never messed with, 650 I did get running but has issues, great for parts, CP-125 and another super 250 taken apart, in boxes, that I was going to restore.
$400 but you need to come get everything in St Anthony Idaho. Would like to see them go to the right people.
Thanks
Dan Burgess

Back