McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually sounds really good to me. I've always thought they were too rich with the fixed high jet carb. Maybe there's something in the video where I can't here the 4 stroking in the cut.

About the 10-10 carb, they have a small venturi so you'll need a different carb.

Also, with that long bar you would want it to be rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually had a 14in bar on it when I got it and it 4 stroked like crazy. Since I put this 33in on it with a new chain it does not 4 stroke anymore....beats me. Thanks

A 14" bar makes no sense on that saw. Wonder why someone did that? Anyway, I've never seen a 14" 10 series bar. Maybe it was a 16" with a spike so only 14" cleared the tip of the spike?

All my saws would seriously 4-stroke with a 14" bar. I'm a heavy handed cutter so my saws are tuned rich. It makes perfect sense that your saw would clean up in the cut with a 33" bar.

Nice saw BTW.

Nope it was a Oregon bar. I bought the saw from my moms boyfriend and he got it from a auction. It has "Midland Forestry" carved on the saw. Midland is only 50 miles from me so I don't know if it was a logging company or a DNR saw or what. But it had a safety chain on it as well.

Thanks. I had been begging him for a few years for the saw and he finally sold me it. It had been sitting in his poll barn for years. Every time I went to help him move something and we went in the barn that saw would sit in the same spot, untouched, and he did not budge on it. I took it home and put gas in it and it fired right up. I had to adjust the low and idle and got it purring good.

Picked up this 795 cutoff saw last weekend. Its equipped with arm breaking compression but no spark. Id love to make it cut wood20150125_195009.jpg20150125_194905.jpg

I have both the Target and the Stowe versions of the 785 cut off saw. The 795 should have a compression release to make starting easier. Most of the cut off saws were so trashed they had no compression at all.

DSCN5768.JPG

The Target runs, someone switched it over to a Tillotson HL.

The Stowe is in the attic waiting for me to get a round tuit, I do have a couple of NOS 795 cylinders as well as a cylinder bored 0.030" over with a piston.

As I recall, there were two other manufactures that build cut off saw with the 795 power plant. I have also seen a 10 Series (7-10?) version of the Target.

There were also cut off saws built from the 600 Series (690) and 300 Series (390), I had a chance on both but they went a bit higher than I was willing to go.

Mark

this one has the compression release on the right side, this one is a goldblatt version. what would be needed to get it cutting wood?

You would have to find the oil tank / bar mount and all of the components to make the automatic and manual oilers work. I am not sure if you would need a different stuffer (crank case bottom) or if you could use the one on the cut off saw. Probably some other bits I can't remember now.

I could trade you a non running 795 with great compression if you are interested.

I only have a couple of photos of the saw as it is.

DSC00522.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

Mark

I do not have the muffler, muffler cover, head cover, air filter or cover for the cutoff saw, but if you're interested in a trade I'm interested in trading.

Does anyone know what the acceptable compression range is on a 200?
Based on the compression ratio listed in the manual it should be around 90 psi but I've come across mentions of 1-43s and 200s in the low to mid 120 PSI range.
I checked the compression on mine 3 times with a Snap-on tester and it was at 89psi each time. It pulls 404 full chisel on a 24 inch hardnose reasonably well but just doesn't seem to have the power I expected from an 80cc saw.
Does something need work or are my expectations for this old girl just a bit to high?

McCulloch 200
ProMac 700
ProMac 55
Stihl MS250
Husky 235

Yesterday I stumbled upon this old saw yesterday. I I looked through the McCulloch model list and couldn't quite find one that had the same shape and a gear drive.
Any ideas?

McCulloch 200
ProMac 700
ProMac 55
Stihl MS250
Husky 235

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423055017696.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423055017696.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423055041361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423055041361.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423055048078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423055048078.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
So it was worth the $20 I paid for it?
Any idea where I might find a data plate on it?

McCulloch 200
ProMac 700
ProMac 55
Stihl MS250
Husky 235

Yesterday I stumbled upon this old saw yesterday. I I looked through the McCulloch model list and couldn't quite find one that had the same shape and a gear drive.
Any ideas?

McCulloch 200
ProMac 700
ProMac 55
Stihl MS250
Husky 235
To me definitely worth 20$. Check under the cover for
The carb. Have seen tags in there on macs

Well big day for me and my 850 tomorrow. A buddy of mine who always snickers about my " dinosaur saws" called me up and asked if I had a saw that would drop a 30" poplar. I asked if he meant my dinosaurs just cause I'm ornery like that! Of course I told him it would make
A nice snack for the 850 and I'd be glad to help.

Old yeller don't fail me now!!!!

Well big day for me and my 850 tomorrow. A buddy of mine who always snickers about my " dinosaur saws" called me up and asked if I had a saw that would drop a 30" poplar. I asked if he meant my dinosaurs just cause I'm ornery like that! Of course I told him it would make
A nice snack for the 850 and I'd be glad to help.

Old yeller don't fail me now!!!!

Sounds like a cutting buddies of mine. They wonder why I have a few heavy, ear-shattering loud old relics but I let the saws do the talking. I like to use the Super 250 and the $30 PM700 for these situations. Now to just get a 660 geardrive and a SP125 to go with them...

Back