McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a late 70’s vintage PM 700/10-10 clutch cover/brake assembly they’d sell? Yellow with black brake handle

Hello! I have a Mac 3200 that I restart in my spare time and today I took new crankshaft oil seals. My question is what to seal the joint between the cylinder and the crankcase? High temperature silicone?I think it was something like that, but it had dried up ....
I didn't see any replies to your request. From the factory they used a product like the current red LocTite but I have used Threebond (1184?) or Dirko HT for that with good success.

Mark

Does anyone happen to know if any other side covers and starter assemblies cross over with sp125 parts? I was looking at other saws and the starter side shrouds look similar but not identical to the 125 parts.

The covers for the SP125 and most of the 101 kart engines are deeper with the extra "horn" on the inlet. There are other covers that will fit, for example the 795/797 but they are not as deep and may look a bit odd on the SP models. They will also need to be drilled for the starter so you need to find a cover that has the hole locations marked and use the shorter starter clutch with any of the other Super series flywheel covers. The rest of the starter parts are the same.

20190313_102813.jpg

The wider cover (SP125/101), you can see the air horn that directs the air into the flywheel.

DSCN0022.JPG

The narrow cover from other Super series engines, no air horn as they fit snuggly to the flywheel.

IMG_0010.JPG

Mark

Will the fuel tank assembly from the front tank models (e.g. 250) fit the 125 and use a front tank saw clutch cover? Thinking about if I could build a saw a bit like Mark's above but run a Mc fuel tank at the front and relocate the std. oil tank (will hit the reed assembly). I have a bunch of front tank saw parks, but not many 125 parts

McCulloch Super 797 project:

In preparation for the disassembly of my McCulloch Super 797, I have started gathering up Replacement Gaskets that I might need. I have found a few of them, but also require several more. Here is a list of the gaskets (with McCulloch numbers and descriptions) that I am still searching for If you might have any on my list that you would like to sell…please let me know!

Search List;
#67477 (Gasket Insulator)
#60252 (Gasket - Oiler Housing)
#65632 (Gasket - Fuel Tank)
#67096 (Gasket - Reed Valve)
#68794 (Gasket - Oil Pump) (note: looks like my saw requires 2 of these?)

Thanks a bunch!

I just can't stop. Do I need help?

Mac 47 1.jpg

Mac 47 2.jpg

Mac 47 3.jpg

Mac 47 4.jpg

Mac 10-10.jpg

Mac 10-10S.jpg

Since I watched my vid I see the window is for the gear drive.
Is it missing a cover over the spark plug?

Thanks for any input on the 47.
Clint

The S will go good I love mine. It pretty well cuts with the 70s

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee today. Temps 40s to low 50s. Woodlot is running low so the plan today was hauling not cutting. I spent almost three hours getting the deuce to the site, mostly dealing with 4 flat and 2 almost flat tires and two dead batteries. Met Brian there only to discover that one of the coolant hoses busted. And then even with six wheel drive the ground was too wet to get truck to falling site.

Brian's MACs saw some action. I mainly moved logs and loaded trailers.

Brian getting a little nicotine between cuts with his PM800.
IMG_6659.JPG

Be Safe.
Ron

The S will go good I love mine. It pretty well cuts with the 70s
Oh, me also. I started cutting about 1970 helping people and at work in 1972.
I bought a new XL12 in 77. Still have it and run it some.
I put a file to that S tonight. I hope to cut with it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back