McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
There is a Mac saw on evilbay that the seller doesn’t know if it’s a 2-10,10-10, or a 6-10. It’s a RH start. I can’t tell what it is and the seller didn’t get back to me with a Sn. I don’t think it’s a 10-10 because you have carb adjustment ability through the tank. The handlebar looks tall. Has anyone seen that saw? Is it a 6-10?
Link to the listing?

knightmax

knightmax

"Ya Don't Know What Ya Don't Know"
AS Supporting Member
Cleaned up a near mint PM10-10S the other day. It's 90% non-restored condition is likely due to the originally owner having 700's also, and two the case that protected it. It MAY be the cleanest unrestored saw I have ever seen in person that was not still NIB NOS. Thought I would share...Mac 10-10S A 2023 8.jpgMac 10-10S A 2023 7.jpgMac 10-10S A 2023 5.jpgMac 10-10S A 2023 16.jpgMac 10-10S A 2023 4.jpgMac 10-10S A 2023 2.jpg

bob kern

bob kern

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
. AS Supporting Member.
Anyone interested in working on a 1-72? Low compression 90# piston and cylinder look good. It's just out of my skill level right now but would like to get it going
Problem is that your working "young man " work. Laborious and long hours kind of take the gumpsion out of projects.
Leave her sit till your ready.

Brufab
Problem is that your working "young man " work. Laborious and long hours kind of take the gumpsion out of projects.
Leave her sit till your ready.
True that! 😆 these 545pm-615am shifts in a hot thermoforming plant don't leave a guy much energy. Plus 45 mins each way drive time.

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Rocker59

Rocker59

ArboristSite Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204365204476?
Jethro 2t, not sure this is enough, I’m not good at this. A search on eBay for Mcculloch 6-10 chainsaw brings the beauty up. Looks to sport a 20” bar.
Thank you for the help!
No DSP/stop button or valve, so not a 2/3/5/6-10. No decomp button, not a 7-10 or 57cc. Has the depression in the bottom of the rear shroud, is a 54cc, not a 4-10 or 70cc. Has the 10-10 air filter and tank cover. I’d say a 10-10. Has a slot for an Operator Presence Lever and carb adjustments, haven’t noticed both on a tank bottom before.

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
No DSP/stop button or valve, so not a 2/3/5/6-10. No decomp button, not a 7-10 or 57cc. Has the depression in the bottom of the rear shroud, is a 54cc, not a 4-10 or 70cc. Has the 10-10 air filter and tank cover. I’d say a 10-10. Has a slot for an Operator Presence Lever and carb adjustments, haven’t noticed both on a tank bottom before.
It’s a mutt

Syncop8r

Syncop8r

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
We need a Mac ID flow chart!

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
The knowledge on this site has helped me with a few 10-10 series. Latest project.
Got the saw to fire and idle. Getting fuel mist spraying up outta carb when I throttle it. Piston looked good from what I could see through intake and exhaust.
When I was putting diaphragms in the carb, I noticed both welsh plugs were hammered in, concave to the cavity, not flush or flat. Wondering if both those damaged plugs are giving me a poor run. Seems to be running rich. I never replace em when I refurb a carb.

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Got the saw to fire and idle. Getting fuel mist spraying up outta carb when I throttle it. Piston looked good from what I could see through intake and exhaust.
When I was putting diaphragms in the carb, I noticed both welsh plugs were hammered in, concave to the cavity, not flush or flat. Wondering if both those damaged plugs are giving me a poor run. Seems to be running rich. I never replace em when I refurb a carb.
It’s a walbro carb, I think Walbro 38 was on the cover in large font.

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
It’s a walbro carb, I think Walbro 38 was on the cover in large font.
The carb is a Walbro 37. The fuel pump cover states Walbro in large font. Hindsight, I’m going to revisit the carb rebuild. Looking at the IPL for the carb, I made a couple mistakes. For one, the fuel pump side has 2 diaphragms and I used only one. On the metering side, the gasket looks thick. I used the thinner of the 2 supplied gaskets. I’m gonna address these things before I touch the Welch plugs. I must have been thinking I knew more about carbs than the designer. Lol.

piglosi

piglosi

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
The carb is a Walbro 37. The fuel pump cover states Walbro in large font. Hindsight, I’m going to revisit the carb rebuild. Looking at the IPL for the carb, I made a couple mistakes. For one, the fuel pump side has 2 diaphragms and I used only one. On the metering side, the gasket looks thick. I used the thinner of the 2 supplied gaskets. I’m gonna address these things before I touch the Welch plugs. I must have been thinking I knew more about carbs than the designer. Lol.
Put carb together according to the IPL and I still get spit. Set metering arm position according to Walbro site, it was a little high. Pulled flywheel and filed points, set to .020. Runs better, but still spitting fuel. I’m gonna replace the Welch plugs next and try that. I have a used SDC3 carb I could try as well. Muffler and port is clean.