Mcculloch eager beaver problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zackman1801

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hey, ive been having some troubles getting my eager beaver to run (dont worry i didnt buy it for a worksaw my granddad gave it to me). I can get the darn thing to run but as soon as it starts up the chain starts going at about half throttle, if you give it full throttle it will go around just fine but when you apply the chain brake it stalls out immediatly and i cant figure out why...any suggestions?

Sounds like an air leak to me, is it one of the newer black plastic saws? if so I've seen lots of these saws with bad crank seals.

Theres a screw that adjusts the idle speed, see if you can find that - Also, if it's sat with fuel in it for a long time? You may need to dump it and start with fresh gas/oil mix. If the chainbrake stalls the engine, it sounds like the clutch is froze to the crank - It should just stop the chain & clutch, leaving the engine runnng.

hey, ive been having some troubles getting my eager beaver to run (dont worry i didnt buy it for a worksaw my granddad gave it to me). I can get the darn thing to run but as soon as it starts up the chain starts going at about half throttle, if you give it full throttle it will go around just fine but when you apply the chain brake it stalls out immediatly and i cant figure out why...any suggestions?

let me know if you need a IPL for this saw all i would need is the 600 number off the handle

no its an old one, its all plastic and yello with a black bar. i need to gas it up sometime again since it seems it has a slow fuel leak because i store it with a little gas only to find it empty when i come back.

no its an old one, its all plastic and yello with a black bar. i need to gas it up sometime again since it seems it has a slow fuel leak because i store it with a little gas only to find it empty when i come back.

it may be the fuel tank leaking has a pin hole in the tank ??? i happen to have parts for the mini mac models

including a carb and a fuel tank

my wifes old "eager beaver" isnt running right either, and its not lubricating any more. ive had a good look at it and a poke around and it looks ok, but i just can't put my finger on it!:jawdrop: may be its time to chop it in and get a newer model?:hmm3grin2orange:

my wifes old "eager beaver" isnt running right either, and its not lubricating any more. ive had a good look at it and a poke around and it looks ok, but i just can't put my finger on it!:jawdrop: may be its time to chop it in and get a newer model?:hmm3grin2orange:

hmmm describe to me in more detail as to what its doing thanks

calvin

maybe i can help find the solution to the oil problem and the running problem

Latest posts

Back