McCulloch Timber Bear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's a pic of the saw. Need a lot of cleaning. Looks like the muffler is spitting out some oil, not sure what that means?

I adjusted the idle so that the chain wasn't running today and cleaned the air filter. That's all I've done so far, maybe this weekend I'll have time to clean it up some.

I've now got a copy of the IPL, thanks guys.
Anyone have a copy of the service manual?

-LouieIV :cheers:

Well here's a pic of the saw. Need a lot of cleaning. Looks like the muffler is spitting out some oil, not sure what that means?

I adjusted the idle so that the chain wasn't running today and cleaned the air filter. That's all I've done so far, maybe this weekend I'll have time to clean it up some.

I've now got a copy of the IPL, thanks guys.
Anyone have a copy of the service manual?

i hooked my brother up with a used one from one of my ope guys. i needed to remove the spark arestor screen and give it a good cleaning(mostly clogged) and a proper tuning. runs decent now with original 20" bar.

Got one 3.7" but its an eager beaver...I think.had it for years,but don't use it much now.Kind of retired it.Never had a problem.I got a 24" bar on it.Don't ask me why

Louie, nice pic, which model is that? That is exactly what my saw looks like. I just happen to be some miles away, but I am working on getting the serial/model number.

And yes, I'd rather support AS dealer/site sponsor than someone from the outside.

Louie, nice pic, which model is that? That is exactly what my saw looks like. I just happen to be some miles away, but I am working on getting the serial/model number.

And yes, I'd rather support AS dealer/site sponsor than someone from the outside.

My model # is 60013414

:greenchainsaw:

So that would make it the Pro Mac 605, is that the one with 55.6 cc engine?

Not sure, it doesn't say Pro Mac anywhere on it. From what I've found the Timber Bear is 55cc, not sure how to tell for sure though. Here it says the Pro Mac 605 is 58cc, which is what the IPL says too.

Pics are slightly blurry after resizing them. I think if I lower the res on my camera instead of resizing it would help.

Last edited:
Not sure, it doesn't say Pro Mac anywhere on it. From what I've found the Timber Bear is 55cc, not sure how to tell for sure though. Here it says the Pro Mac 605 is 58cc, which is what the IPL says too.

Pics are slightly blurry after resizing them. I think if I lower the res on my camera instead of resizing it would help.

there is something wrong with the acres site listing for the motor specs with this family of saws:

pm605
bore=40mm
stroke=35mm
disp=58cc
if you do the calc the disp should actually be 44cc

timberbear
bore=46mm
stroke=35mm
disp=55cc
again, if you do the calc the disp should be 58cc

also, alot of these saws are using the same pictures(several saws use the pm610 image(ie pm 605...) and the timberbear uses a different promac image). can anyone clarify this?

there is something wrong with the acres site listing for the motor specs with this family of saws:

pm605
bore=40mm
stroke=35mm
disp=58cc
if you do the calc the disp should actually be 44cc

timberbear
bore=46mm
stroke=35mm
disp=55cc
again, if you do the calc the disp should be 58cc

also, alot of these saws are using the same pictures(several saws use the pm610 image(ie pm 605...) and the timberbear uses a different promac image). can anyone clarify this?

The bore size on the PM605 is probably a misprint. I think that all of these saws were either 3.4cid 57cc or 3.7cid 60cc.

I'm sure the same picture is used because the saws are the same except for graphics. They had a pretty long production run, so changing the name and graphics was less expensive than changing the saw. The Pro Mac 650 was the predecessor to the Pro Mac 610, but had a compression release.

The bore size on the PM605 is probably a misprint. I think that all of these saws were either 3.4cid 57cc or 3.7cid 60cc.

I'm sure the same picture is used because the saws are the same except for graphics. They had a pretty long production run, so changing the name and graphics was less expensive than changing the saw. The Pro Mac 650 was the predecessor to the Pro Mac 610, but had a compression release.

I think you are right mine is a 3.7cid

Yeah there is something messed up in the documentation, not just on acres site but in the IPL too.

The numbers I've seen are:
3.4ci (=55cc) I think these are the TB's, but maybe it varied depending on year.
3.5ci(=58cc)
3.7ci(=60cc)

Of course the cc measurement is more accurate. The ci is rounded off.

I'm gonna tear mine down eventually (for fun). I'll try and get some measurements, so we can solve this great mystery. :biggrinbounce2:

Timber Bear 20 inch

Found this site while searching for parts for my Timber Bear 20 inch bar. My manual says it is for:

Timber Bear;
Pro-Mac 605, 610, 5700;
Super Pro MAc 610;
Power Mac 605-20;

Silver Eagle 3420, 3720

Eager Beaver 3.4, 3.7

Anyone know where I can find a new starter assembly spring/ drum for a Timber Bear???

Found this site while searching for parts for my Timber Bear 20 inch bar. My manual says it is for:

Timber Bear;
Pro-Mac 605, 610, 5700;
Super Pro MAc 610;
Power Mac 605-20;

Silver Eagle 3420, 3720

Eager Beaver 3.4, 3.7

Anyone know where I can find a new starter assembly spring/ drum for a Timber Bear???

yes i do i may have one

I have the same saw and the darn thing just wouldnt die.......lol. I wanted a nicer Stihl for years and just couldnt get myself to buy one with this thing still running. I did however beak down recently and picked up the MS 361. I just couldnt take the weight of the old timber bear for regular use. I still have the saw and looking for lighter bar for occasional use. Easier to have an extra saw handy so i dont have to bother sharpening in the middle of cutting. The old timber bear was a good saw and never gave me trouble. But I have to admit, its alot more fun cutting with a lighter saw. If you strip it down and come up with any weight saving ideas, please post them.......

PM605/610/650/Timberbear... all the same saws...

I had a PM610 that I put a little work into. It would pull a 24" bar/chain with no probs. The are loud, heavy and ugly... but they are good saws...

I sold mine earlier this year on ebay for $220 bucks...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gary

Last edited:
610-650 Specs

Service Specifications

SPARKPLUG GAP. . . . . . . . . . . . .025inch (.63asn)
LA141NATIONGO . . . . . . . . . . . . .011 to .015 inch (.28
TIMING . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..26 BTDC
CLUTCH ENGAGEMENT SPEED . . . . . . . 2800 to 3000 RPM
IDLE SPEED. . . . . . . . . . . . .. 1800t02000RPM
FUEL TYPE. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Regular Grade Leaded
FUEL/OIL MIXTURE: . . . . . . . . . . 40:1 w/McCulloch Oil
20:1 SAE Two Cycle
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: : : : ~ : ~ : ~ : 17.3 ounces (51OCC)
DISPLACEMENT. . . . . . . . . . . . . 60CC (3.7 cu. in.)
BORE and STROKE . . . . . . . . . . . 4.71mnx 35mn (1.9 in.
WEIGHT: PM610 . . . . . . . . . . . . 14.7 pounds (6.65kg)
PM650 . . . . . . . . . . . . 14.8 pounds (6.70kg)
to .38111n)

Torque Values
CONNECTING ROO SCREWS . . . . . . . . 65% 70 pound x inches
(7.3to 7.9 N.m)
CLUTCH NUT. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 160 tO 170 pound x inches
(18.1 to 19.2 N.m.)
FLYWHEEL NUT. . . . . . . . . . . . . 265 to 325 pound x inches
(29.9 to 36.7 N.m.)

Latest posts

Back