McCullough 3200 Oil Tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkersh409

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has an oil tank for a 3200 Mac (mc9228310002p/mc300260) they want to sell? This is for my dad's saw that some how got a hole in the tank right at the threads. Please let me know if you have one or know a good place to pick one up.

Thanks,
Robert

let me check

let me check my saw grave yard. i have things in there like that. how bad is the tank??? a pict may explain a few questions i have. sometimez you can repair a tank if not to bad:help:
if was a metal saw and not plastic you could easily weld it, plastic can be welded just take practice.
:cheers:

Thanks Superfire. I don't have any idea how the hole got in the tank. Its plastic but the hole is right in the threads of the cap. Would be kind of hard to repair it. I think their might be one thread left that didn't get damaged.

3200 oil tank leak

I fixed one of these a couple months ago. You may be able to find the thread. I think the plastic near the filler cap is weak. On the one I replaced, it looked like the force of screwing the cap on tight pulled the plastic apart between the screw threads. As it started to leak, my solution was to put the oil cap on tighter, which of course opened the hole up more. I put a new tank in, which wasn't too hard. There were some repair suggestions involving bondo type epoxys. Someone mentioned in that thread that this was a common problem.

I think this is a common problem. Link

Anyways I ended up giving up on the saw after I fixed the tank it had other problems. So I just boxed it up for a project at some later date and bought a echo.

I have a Mac 3214 that has a leaky oil reservoir. The side seam cracked and it has a diagonal crack on one of the threads. These tanks are blow molded from HDPE (high density polyethylene) and can be repaired with a soldering iron and some strips cut from containers made with the same material (it will be identified with HDPE by the recycling logo). I used an old cheese container and a 40 watt soldering iron I use to repair electrical items.

Back