millin' birch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adkpk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This wood will be part of the floor in the cabin. Once it dries I'll haul it down to my shop in NJ, 5 hr car ride, to plain. No electricity or running water on my wood lot. Next I need to slab up a white pine I fell during the winter. As you may be able to tell the shed is made of scruffy slabs. Just started leaning that stuff until I made a shed. No kidding there isn't a nail in the building. It was knocked over once by a spuce tree. Just a little mistake in judgment I made one day.(I will post the pics, after in lift them off the video.) Nobody's perfect you know. It's been rebuilt several times in three years to accommodate various things. One thing being the foundation of the cabin I am planning to build on that spot. One day it will be nailed together with a roof, doors and windows. It's more an art project than a dream house thing.
While I am on the subject, anybody got any info on culverts. I need a few for my road. Like who sells those things. I know a place in Jersey but it would be more convenient to get them up there. Anybody work for public works that could get me some used ones?

Hi adrpk,
That Birch looks good. interesting grain.
Looking at the pics your area resembles ours a little.
Is that seriously a flamingo?
Happy Milling

Culvert materials can be found at precast concrete places that make septic tanks and what not, some sand & gravel places carry stuff like that and I've seen them carried by redi-mix plants. Call around, some do and some don't, in all of those examples.

Flamingo Crossing..............??
attachment.php

Nice pet :)

My recently graduated niece made that. I got out of the garage before they moved. Needless to say they weren't taken the bird with them. I had to have it.

Latest posts

Back