Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from work. I did have a chance to buy some new chain tonight on my way home. Lots of trees down today. A big one on 532 just shy of the Sheriff's office. And there was a tree down near the a major intersection on Camano so I took the back roads. I don't mess with the trees that are caught in the power lines. But I'm gased and oiled just incase. Power blinked a few times today and the wind up in Skagit county was incredible.

It's just started to snow here - wet snow and sleat right now, but... Oh boy, fun commute in the morning... but I'm heading the other way, if I can get out - skiing...:)

Sounds like the wind is starting to pick up over on your guys' side of the state. The wind is howlin' over here. Some overnight snow is expected too. Stay safe out there! :)

Here in the San Juans, it's snowing quite hard. Big, flakes, taking their time to fall. Last night about half the island was without power, the boyz were out repairing the lines that had fallen. Quiet. Still. I think I'll go outside and listen to the stillness...

...and then fire up a chainsaw and cut somethin'.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding...

I went into the mountains and had one of the best days skiing ever - it even broke out sunny for a while...

Home now, and it's snowing like crazy!!! Snow in the Seattle comute=bad news!! But today, I don't care! (I'm too tired to care) ;) ;)

No wind now and a little snow, but I just got a call from Highline Comm. College where my wife works and they are closing early tonight and may not be open tomorrow.

I think this area's reaction to a little snow is a bit ridiculous. It's like they freak out and the world shuts down. In terms of the school, it is not like a free day as they have to make it up or take a vacation day.

Just a dusting of snow so far, but the temperature is quickly dropping. This weekend will be a cold one!

Got an honest 8 inches in a few hours last night, now clear and calm as well. It's 2AM, but I think it is going to be a pretty day.

Last night it took my wife 1 1/2 hrs to go 4 miles on the freeway coming home. Always amazed at how the greater Seattle area seems to freak when we get some snow. Abandoned cars everywhere around here last night. It's like they have never seen snow before.

That's because they still sell dry road tyres here (idiots!!!) and almost nobody carries even cable chains.

We have about 8 inches here, really dense - trees bending over at "unnatural" angles. Great... Temperatures dropping even as the sun come out.

But.. it sure is pretty!

Latest posts

Back