M'kay... Identify this - will say why later...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an ad for some Birch off of Amazon...

$200... but shipping is free
  • Every order is packed in a 12''h 12''w 18''L box full with wood.
  • Aged, dried, and split firewood... available in several wood types.
  • Kiln dried to sterilize, wick away moisture, and preserve the integrity of the natural bark.
  • Each product is unique as this is a natural product and may not match the picture identically.
  • Product of the USA. Proudly made in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
birch.jpg

• Product of the USA. Proudly made in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
At least it is that from the US. I've seen birch at Lowe's from Europe... because it has an FSC stamp on it. No way it is more "environmentally friendly" to import wood from Europe than close to home....but it did cost a LOT less than that...but it was wrapped in red plastic netting instead of cardboard.

Okay, so it's established - red oak.

It's a pic from an ad (by Wayfair) for "Maple split firewood decorative logs" - only $66

I am clearly in the wrong line of work. I've probably got about six grand in decorative logs lying in my front yard... :D

To be fair, if you dug into it far enough, you'd find out that they had options - oak, maple, cherry - but that required developing an interest in not-maple, almost seventy dollar firewood...

Apparently some folks out there got more money than sense.
I work for Wayfair AND cut firewood. I'm upset they didn't come to me for a discount!

Back