Mo 90

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacDaddy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This a picture of my 090 with a 84 inch general bar and 404 chisel chain. If you look in the background you can see a NEW 610 echo, a NEW Mac 1-71, and a Indian with a 820 westbend engine

This a picture of my 090 with a 84 inch general bar and 404 chisel chain. If you look in the background you can see a NEW 610 echo, a NEW Mac 1-71, and a Indian with a 820 westbend engine

Where are the 125's...:(

They are sitting in the garage collecting dust HAHA. I will dig some out and get some pictures of them with some big bars on them.

I may be asking for it but I honestly don't know what you could possibly do with a bar that long. Are there trees that big still around? And wouldn't ya need a second handle for that thing.
Regardless, its just AWESOME!
:hmm3grin2orange:

I may be asking for it but I honestly don't know what you could possibly do with a bar that long. Are there trees that big still around? And wouldn't ya need a second handle for that thing.

We still have trees that big but you cant cut them when they are watching.

Actually you just need some ballast so you can hold her up.

Last edited:
Stihl some opportunities for the big bars

Hopefully these photos help to answer the question:

attachment.php

The 84" bar might come out for one of these but you could do it with a 72":

attachment.php

You definitely want the 84" bar for one of these:

attachment.php

Or one of these:

attachment.php

You can manage with less but why work so hard? :greenchainsaw: :clap:

Last edited:
Couple more reasons to use the long bar

Now that I've remembered how to post pictures, here's a couple more examples for why you stihl might need an 84" bar:

attachment.php

This one is a proverbial pecker pole:

attachment.php

The MS 660 with a 36" bar makes short work of the pecker poles. :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

We still have trees that big but you cant cut them when they are watching.

I wouldn't want to get caught out in Redwood park or Ave. of the Giants with my saw. Someone might get the wrong idea.
:monkey:

I wish I had some pictures at the ave of the giants. I had a 660 with a 50 inch cannon bar and I pretending to put a face cut in a huge Redwood on the side of the road. You should have seen all the bad looks I got as the cars went by.

You have got a biggun there allright!!
I bet you have time for a few beers when you are hand-sharpening that chain.
It makes me feel very humble with just a 42 incher.Hahaha

Latest posts

Back