Mobil MX2T Synthetic in Canada ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real nice piped muffler Ben!!!

attachment.php

Gypo Logger said:
I bought my MX2T in Niagara Falls N.Y., but you can have it for commercial cutting. It's gooey and it sticks to everything with no proven advantage over Stihl or Husky mix. The ratio is much more important than the brand. JMHO
John

Are you sure that isn`t castor bean oil that you`re talking about John?

I find that the 2T burns exceptionally clean and had it pointed out to me that the ester base makes an excellent decarbonizer. Seems plausable after I tore down a couple of used saws that I`d bought and found the piston crown cleaner than when I bought them when I was going through my 2T phase. I think one of those saws is coming home for the GTG, we`ll taer it down and see how it looks now. :D

Now I use mostly Husky mix again because the Mobil was hard to find for a few months and I picked up a bunch of OEM oil.

Russ

Your full of ****, Gypo, lol.. MX2T burns cleaner(less exhaust residue) than Stihl or Husky oil or any other brand for that matter.
I don't' agree with that post you could be correct on Stihl or Husky oil but Ipone Elf, & many others are equal if not superior to Mobil MX2T we get our mix & bar oil from a small blending company (Ex ELF Guys)we tell them what we are cutting & they produce a best for purpose oil it's a some what black art with different make up of ingredients in the blend ,according to the head guru the best commercial produced oil is Elf HTX975 or Ipone Samurai but it will always be a talking/arguing point & within reason the more oil in the mix the more power ,harder it will work. North of 25/1 but the most reasonable for chainsaw general use seems 32/1with correct carb tuning but again many differences of opinion my take is if you are happy with brand/quantity go with it

Back